Hey Microsoft!! RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 PC's at home!

I have 2 "LICENSED" copies of Windows 7

I have receipts for proof of purchase.

I have 2 unique KEYS, one for each LEGAL copy of our Windows 7

I am insulted by this recurring message on my desktop that my "copy of Windows is not genuine!!"

I follow steps recommended to overcome the problem, which results in a "temporary" removal of the message.

A day or 2 later it reappears.

I don't care if "Microsoft" doesn't like me turning off Auto-updates, or any other manner in which Microsoft might "insist" on having "MY" pc check in with them!! You can kiss my arse if you think you will compel me, to allow my private property to be under your complete control, to the point it MUST check in with Microsoft for permission to be confirmed legitimate!!

Yeah, that's right Microsoft! I willfully go into the operating system settings and shutdown your AUTOMATED shyte. I don't intend to allow YOUR settings to rob me of my systems potential performance!!!

Who the F*** are you, to tell me I can't upgrade components on my PC without YOUR permission? This, I presume, is the cause of my recent issue with the irritating "implication" that my OS is not valid!! No - I don't care enough to make sure I do an upgrade, or part replacement in any certain manner, in order to appease the "legitimacy" process!!

I'm sick and tired of your over reaching bull sh**, in your efforts to thwart piracy, to the point that it creates nothing but grief and frustration, or annoyance at the very least, to legitimate license holders of your OS!!

Thank god I am learning to use LINUX - as soon as I feel comfortable navigating a Linux build, you can say goodbye to my money!!

Lets see now, you will lose revenue from 2 copies of OS software, soon to be 4 (2 kids going to have their own PC's) - Gone to a FREE platform.
    Office suite software - soon to be replaced by FREE alternative (I've used the free alternative for 10 years - can vouch that it is just as good as that SOLD by MS at exorbitant prices).

I am aware of MANY people that have already made the switch, and many others doing so in droves!!

Microsoft? How is this effort of yours to thwart piracy working out? I notice repetitive news releases that Microsoft is losing market share! Could it be, people are getting fed up with your draconian bullsh**? From your blinded perspective, I doubt you can see that. But from the real world, where I live, I know this to be true.

I'm done wasting my valuable time trying to resolve this issue!! Keep spoon feeding the sheople, that don't know any better than to keep crawling to you, soon they will be gone from your sales quotas too!!

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:08 PM

Answers

• "what the hellis wrong with you" wrote in message news:9d5b1686-3680-4d83-b512-f6fd659c0c61...

Anyone reading my Rant here - consider checking your SERVICES

Make sure Software Protection Service is set to Automatic

ADDITIONALLY:

Software Protection NEEDS the following services to function properly:

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

DCOM Server Process Launcher

RPC Endpoint Mapper

If you don't know how to Confirm/Make changes to Services settings, get someone that does, to help you!

Software Protection Service should be set to Automatic (Delayed Start) – not just Automatic!

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:42 PM

All replies

• The following was cropped from a response to another complaint, on the same issue!
    "Have you been using a Registry Cleaner (possibly Advanced System Care?) at all? – if so then that’s the cause of your problems and you should UNDO anything it’s done, and then post another report.

What has happened is that something has uninstalled the Software Protection Service – which controls the WGA aspects of the PC, and is required to run at all times in normal mode.

The Copy button in v27 MGADiag is on the same page as the Continue button – the Windows tab."
    I DO USE A COMMERCIAL VERSION OF "ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE" -
    If this is a known issue, WHY - why hasn't Microsoft fixed it in an update, or required the Utility software maker to modify their program to remove this problem??
    Friday, August 19, 2011 9:15 PM
  • "what the hellis wrong with you" wrote in message news:fae50806-7dd5-4371-8d7b-4a7375de8d8e...
    The following was cropped from a response to another complaint, on the same issue!
    "Have you been using a Registry Cleaner (possibly Advanced System Care?) at all? – if so then that’s the cause of your problems and you should UNDO anything it’s done, and then post another report.

What has happened is that something has uninstalled the Software Protection Service – which controls the WGA aspects of the PC, and is required to run at all times in normal mode.

The Copy button in v27 MGADiag is on the same page as the Continue button – the Windows tab."
    I DO USE A COMMERCIAL VERSION OF "ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE" -
    If this is a known issue, WHY - why hasn't Microsoft fixed it in an update, or required the Utility software maker to modify their program to remove this problem??

Please post your OWN MGADiag report – if you want any non-genuine problem fixed.

It appears that you simply want to blow off steam – this is not the place for that.

Microsoft CANNOT legislate for the ineptitude of third-party programmers, and the gullibility of people who believe snake-oil salesmen.

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:30 PM
  • Anyone reading my Rant here - consider checking your SERVICES

ADDITIONALLY:

RPC Endpoint Mapper

If you don't know how to Confirm/Make changes to Services settings, get someone that does, to help you!

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:35 PM
  • "what the hellis wrong with you" wrote in message news:9d5b1686-3680-4d83-b512-f6fd659c0c61...

Anyone reading my Rant here - consider checking your SERVICES

ADDITIONALLY:

RPC Endpoint Mapper

Software Protection Service should be set to Automatic (Delayed Start) – not just Automatic!

Friday, August 19, 2011 9:42 PM
  • Good for you. I went one step further and bought a Mac. No more Microsoft Windows for me... EVER!
    Friday, October 30, 2015 10:21 AM
  • Snake-Oil Salesman? Who brought Bernie Sanders into this? Oh Yeah, Hil-liar-y!
    Saturday, February 6, 2016 7:47 PM