none
Who is Tina_Tian Microsoft Contingent Staff, Administrator RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• I didn't notice deleted posts in that thread (quite interesting). I noticed it had some display problems towards the end. Also, one user appears to be banned - was it because of this thread?

Voted a couple of posts helpful while reading.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:45 PM
  • That's because I undeleted them all.

Just do a search in the thread for Tina and you’ll see all the replies they deleted.  You will also see that I undeleted them.

Didn;t notice the banned user.  Will have a look.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2012 10:55 PM
  • I see no messages from Tina in that thread and searching by it doesn't bring results. I think you need to fix the very last post in that thread to fix display issues.

My blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012 12:53 AM
  • Some examples.  There are heaps more.

The formatting issues have been there for quite a while and apperas to be caused by the number of replies as the last posted was added a few days ago and the formatting was already messed up.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:09 AM
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:01 AM
  • That makes sense.

So it appears that TimD11111111 has been banned so their replies were deleted by Tina_Tian or do replies automatically get deleted if a member is banned?. 

Would love to find out why they were banned as I see nothing in this thread that concerns me or other Microsoft staff members participating in the discussion.

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, May 17, 2012 1:17 AM
  • If the user has been banned, all his replies are deleted. I checked and that's indeed the case, as the Activity for that user shows nothing. 

My blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Thanks.

Is there anyway I can find out why they were banned?

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:01 PM
  • Doubtfully. You may e-mail to Ed Price or Brent and ask to investigate.

My blog

Thursday, May 17, 2012 11:09 PM
  • I suspect that he was banned because his replies got more anti-Microsoft than the one included in this thread. If his frustration led to messages that were no more than flames. that "could" be a reason.

The message quoted here - while complaining about Microsoft - certainly is not even close to a flame and so shouldn't have led in itself to such an extreme action imo. Some few MS people are however keen on removing anti-MS comments from the forums so maybe the simple explanation is that Tina Tian is one such person. I doubt very much that it is company policy though.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

• Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:08 AM
    Friday, May 18, 2012 12:20 PM
  • I suspect that he was banned because his replies got more anti-Microsoft than the one included in this thread. If his frustration led to messages that were no more than flames. that "could" be a reason.

The message quoted here - while complaining about Microsoft - certainly is not even close to a flame and so shouldn't have led in itself to such an extreme action imo. Some few MS people are however keen on removing anti-MS comments from the forums so maybe the simple explanation is that Tina Tian is one such person. I doubt very much that it is company policy though.

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

That's what it looks like.

Given that I requested and got Microsoft staff to lend assistance in the thread makes it even more strange that the person in question was banned.  The user should be unbanned as there was no valid reason for this action taking place.

Jeff Wharton

Friday, May 18, 2012 12:25 PM
  • Thanks Naomi and Mike (and Ed) for your assistance. The particular member has had their account reinstated. Now all I need to do is coax them back into the forums somehow :-)

Jeff Wharton

• Edited by Mr. Wharty Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:09 AM
    Saturday, May 19, 2012 2:08 AM