none
70-448 Pass Mark RRS feed

• Question

• Is the pass mark for the 70-448 exam still 700/1000 ?  Just curious as I am due to take it soon, and am not scoring 100% in the sample tests, but getting some reasonable scores, so I'm wanting to gauge whether or not I'm ready. Thanks.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:11 AM

Answers

• Yes, the pass mark is 700 points out of 1000, but please note that the scale is not necessarily linear, so that 700 points does not always mean 70% of the questions right. The precise way in which the questions in an exam are mapped into a number of points is not made public, so you can never be sure that the scaling of the real exam will match the sample tests. Just do your best; it's almost impossible to get 100% of the questions right, since some of them are "trick" questions and there are even some practice tests that are mistaken and contain a few wrong answers.
    • Marked as answer by Square Nick Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:23 AM

All replies

• Yes, the pass mark is 700 points out of 1000, but please note that the scale is not necessarily linear, so that 700 points does not always mean 70% of the questions right. The precise way in which the questions in an exam are mapped into a number of points is not made public, so you can never be sure that the scaling of the real exam will match the sample tests. Just do your best; it's almost impossible to get 100% of the questions right, since some of them are "trick" questions and there are even some practice tests that are mistaken and contain a few wrong answers.
    • Marked as answer by Square Nick Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:53 AM
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Thanks for that Alberto.  I'm feeling pretty confident that I know the toolset, however there do seem to be plenty of questions in the samples that I've been using which seem to be very obscure and pretty much impossible to study for, unless you can memorise every microscopic detail in BOL !  You can find out the answer to one obscure question, but that doesn't get you anywhere, because there are an endless supply of potential obscure questions.  Oh well, as you say, hopefully knowing what I know will be enough.  Thanks again.
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 9:53 AM