Is the media database issue even being looked at? RRS feed

• Question

• Like  at least a few other users that I have read about, my WHS 2011 machine fails in ever actually updating its media list for streaming devices.  Anytime I add new photos, music, or videos I have to go through the process of turning off the media server, turning off the service,  navigating to the MediaStreamingAdmin directory and rename the CurrentDatabase file so that it rebuilds the database.  

Unless I do this, I do not ever see any newly added media on any of my streaming devices throughout my home.  I have read in some posts that it just takes the server a while to detect and rebuild the database on its own.  I waited 8 days at one point, and it still never updated.  That seems a weeee bit excessive.  Now I know that this is n't just something that I have run into, as I found the solution in another technet article from someone with the same issue.  

Is this problem even being looked at by the development/Bug research team?  I love WHS, and was really excited to start using WHS 2011 but this is just killing me.  The "fix" that I have been using isn't a true fix either, it is just a band-aid that a few knowledgable users have posted.  I keep hoping every Tuesday that I will see a patch come down that fixes this issue.

Monday, September 12, 2011 4:07 PM