Definitions Update everyday ? RRS feed

• Question

• I was watching the definitions date and it's changing with the day to day system date and not reflecting the actual release and update date of the new definitions.

example Last definitions update would be on  8/01/07 It's now 8/12/07 and the definitions date reads 8/12 when really it was updated on 08/01/07

See my confusion or is the definitions being updated every day for the beta ?

Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:09 PM

Answers

• The last updated date reflects the last successful check for updates.

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:40 AM

All replies

• The last updated date reflects the last successful check for updates.

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:40 AM
  • Yeah but is it a new definition every day I don't think so that date posted suppose to reflect the day the new definitions not that it successfully connected because the updater could connect and there might not be any new definitions. In wloc 1.6 and earlier you get new updated definitions once a month the date reflected the last downloaded definitions. that date said what ever that day was and only changed when a new definitions file was updated then the date would change.

In 2.0 the date is changing every day Making it hard to determine how old the Definitions file is or if any new ones were added.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:19 AM
  • My WLOC has always indicated the date that it most recently attempted to update (was online) no matter whether there were updates available or not. I believe the logs have indicated actual updates at least every couple of days.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:47 AM
  • OneCareBear, you are correct. New definitions are not released monthly, Mikro - they are released as needed. In some cases, multiple updates in a single day are possible, though not common. The update date displayed has always been the check date, not the date of the definitions. To see the definition date, you can open OneCare, click on change settings, and click the logging tab - create support log. The details of the engine and definitions are shown there.

-steve

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:29 PM