Can I create an opportunity within an account from the opportunity subgrid ?!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi can I have " New" button like creating an opportunity through Account like "Add new Opportunity". if I can create an opportunity few data from account filed should be carried out to the new opportunity [may be with 1:N relationship]. However I can create Contacts  from account!! just wondering i can create the opportunity in same fashion within account entity.

EDIT : I checked a trial version, by default i can see "Add new Opportunity" button on the sub grid ribbon ?!!! wat i'm i missing  now.. 

Did i screw up my 1:N relationship b/w Account and opportunity ?!!

Found some similar issue in another therad... 

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/a1f4de81-27e2-4098-9d7e-6bc073cd87af#07c4e60d-b1e3-4765-9e2f-502464ac17c7

• Edited by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 2:24 AM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 11:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Pradeep,
                    Good to see that problem is with the ribbon customization. Do following things:

• Check whether any <HideCustomAction> is placed in opportunity entity for the AddNew button. If so, remove that code.
    • Go to the solution @ samplecode\cs\client\ribbon\exportribbonxml in the SDK and get the ribbon customizations for your environment. Check whether "Add New" button ribbon definition is present or not. Based on this, we can say it's an environment problem or not. If ribbon definition is not available for "Add New" then take the ribbon definition from other environments and keep it here. Though it's a system ribbon we are adding it as a custom ribbon. In this, I am not sure about the RC but for time being you can get the solution.

Please let us know if you still face any issues.

Vikranth http://howto-mscrm.blogspot.com "Please Mark it as answer if it helps in resolving your query"

• Proposed as answer by Vikranth Pandiri Friday, December 7, 2012 7:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 7:31 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 7:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Pradeep,

This is possible

Just check your "Security Role" whether you have appropriate privillage to create opportunity or not.

Thanks

Suresh

Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:17 PM
  • Hi Suresh,

I'm using Default "system admin" role, everything looks green in there!! and we have not edited or added any code to the subgrid ribbon , what we have is the default subgird ribbon !!

Thanks 

EDIT : I checked a trial version by default , i can see "Add new Opportunity" button on the sub grid ribbon ?!!! wat i'm i missing  now.. 
    • Edited by Pradeep47 Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:40 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:27 PM
  • hi pradeep,

while creating a relationship, if u select Requirement Level is "No Constraint"

then you will get "Add Existing record" and "Add New Record" buttons with little mapping.

while creating a relationship, if u select Requirement Level is "Business Required"

then you will get "Add New Record" button with little mapping.

once you are done with this, you can manage(create/update/delete) mappings fields as you required . so that values will be carried out from one entity to related entity

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:41 PM
  • @CRMIG

That's what i thought, i might have messed up some relationship here !! I understand what you are trying to say, but  do i need to create a relation or edit any existing relation ship between account n opportunity ??!! how it should be done.. 

Thanks guys

Thursday, December 6, 2012 12:52 PM
  • hi pradeep,

acually, im not getting your question properly ? what you are trying to achieve ?

create a new relationship/mapping or edit the existing relationship/mapping if you want both buttons.

can you please tell me, what is your requirement.?

Thanks and Regards. Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Thursday, December 6, 2012 4:26 PM
  • @CRMIG

I don't want to create any relationship i just want a "Add new Opportunity" when i click on the "opportunity " option from the left panel of my account entity. I also have lead, contact etc in that left panel when i click on those entity i get a subgrid in the entity to add lead or contact within Account entity. now it is not happening for opportunity. ??!!  I checked some existing relationshipt between Account and lead but those system 1's and read only can't really make any changes there. now can you please tell me which existing relation ship i need to  edit to get that |"Add new opportunity" from account. 

FYI : http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/a1f4de81-27e2-4098-9d7e-6bc073cd87af#07c4e60d-b1e3-4765-9e2f-502464ac17c7

• Edited by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 4:43 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 4:25 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,

Can you check whether any ribbon customizations have been done on opportunty entity to hide that button??

Vikranth http://howto-mscrm.blogspot.com "Please Mark it as answer if it helps in resolving your query"

Friday, December 7, 2012 6:27 AM
  • @vicky_smag  this is what i see on opportunity sbugrid !!! I dont' see "Add new {0} " anywhere ?!!!  we don't have any customization on ribbon how to revert it back to default subgrid ribbon ?!!!

By default it is suppose to be like this : [Following image is taken from new uncustomized trial version]

• Edited by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 7:00 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 6:40 AM
  • Hi Pradeep,
                    Good to see that problem is with the ribbon customization. Do following things:

• Check whether any <HideCustomAction> is placed in opportunity entity for the AddNew button. If so, remove that code.
    • Go to the solution @ samplecode\cs\client\ribbon\exportribbonxml in the SDK and get the ribbon customizations for your environment. Check whether "Add New" button ribbon definition is present or not. Based on this, we can say it's an environment problem or not. If ribbon definition is not available for "Add New" then take the ribbon definition from other environments and keep it here. Though it's a system ribbon we are adding it as a custom ribbon. In this, I am not sure about the RC but for time being you can get the solution.

Please let us know if you still face any issues.

• Proposed as answer by Vikranth Pandiri Friday, December 7, 2012 7:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 7:31 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 7:12 AM
  • @@vicky_smag  Thanks , that was really helpfull. I removed the  HideAction  and now I can see the "Add new opportunity button"!! THanks alot

just wanted to know is there a way to restore complete subgrid ribbon to Default  since we don't have any customization on subgrid!! 

• Edited by Pradeep47 Friday, December 7, 2012 7:31 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 7:29 AM
  • We don't have any option as such. As we can do ribbon customizations only within formxml, you can remove Ribbon related customizations from the entity customization file.

Friday, December 7, 2012 7:58 AM