cannot add new opportunity product RRS feed

• Question

• I get an error that states: "You must select a price list before attempting to add a product."

The box where existing products would be states "no opportunity products records are available in this view"

I have price lists with products... but not sure what gives... thanks!

New to CRM 2011: So details mean a lot, and complicated coding required solutions are probably a bit away... Thanks for Helping!
    Monday, June 20, 2011 11:38 PM

Answers

• Hi 

You have to select a price list on the opportunity form.

TIP

if you are trying to create a opportunity from account form. you can map the price list field on the relationship, so it will pre populate the price list field on the opportunity

I hope it helps

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, <href>Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com<href>
    • Marked as answer by CRM-Beginner Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:08 AM

All replies

• Hi 

You have to select a price list on the opportunity form.

TIP

if you are trying to create a opportunity from account form. you can map the price list field on the relationship, so it will pre populate the price list field on the opportunity

I hope it helps

Amreek singh Senior CRM Consultant CDC Praxa Sydney, <href>Australia http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com<href>
    • Marked as answer by CRM-Beginner Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:38 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:08 AM
  • Hi, and thank you.

I am in the opportunity form... and see nowhere to add price list... I see opportunity products...  but cannot add of course... not sure what happened.

New to CRM 2011: So details mean a lot, and complicated coding required solutions are probably a bit away... Thanks for Helping!
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:34 PM
  • I found issue.... I added a solution... and it somehow changed the opportunity form... I like much of the change.. but that one.. NOT...
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:38 PM