genuine Microsoft Office RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to make it so that I can save my MSWord 2007 (Vista) document as a pdf. file.  However, it requires me to validate that my Microsoft Office is genuine.  When I go through these procedures it still says it is not genuine.  This is a fairly new computer and I ordered it with the MSOffice package already loaded on it from Lenovo.  What in the world am I supposed to do?
    Monday, August 11, 2008 8:40 PM

Answers

• amydawndoppsl,

If you have Windows Vista,  try to run Internet Explorer as Administrator and revalidate. 

"1) Right-click IE7 shortcut icon in the Quick Launch toolbar and select Run as Administrator, or

2) Click the Vista Start button, type Internet in the Start Search Vista-Search box, right-click Internet Explorer in Program listing and click the Run as Administrator option, or

3) Locate “Internet Mode: On” in the IE7 status bar (bottom-right of IE7 window) and double-click on it. Unchecked the check-box for “Enable Protected Mode (Requires restarting Internet Explorer)”

If you are still having issues validating, please run the following tool and resend the diag report back on this thread.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, Copy to Clipboard, then paste the report into a New Post on this Forum.

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Lori MS
    • Marked as answer by Lori MS Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:19 PM
    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:19 PM