CRM 2011: Allow deleting users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

While ago I have read something about that will be able to delete users in crm 2011, but when the RTM finally released the option is not there nothing written about it anymore

Will the option be there in a future release or it was just talking about this ??

Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:53 AM

Answers

• According to MS materials, Once users are added in Microsoft Dynamics CRM they cannot be
    deleted, but they can be disabled
    If you are worry about lincense, please see some info below:
    Although users are established in the system, they can be deactivated, and other
    users can use the license.
    Microsoft CRM 2011 uses named licenses (or user CALs) as well as machine licenses (or
    device CALs) as its licensing model. Named licenses require that every user who accesses
    the Microsoft CRM 2011 must have a license. If that user leaves the company or no
    longer needs to use the CRM, the license can be transferred to another individual;
    however, the previous individual then no longer has access to Microsoft CRM 2011.
    Machine licenses allow a single computer to be licensed to Microsoft CRM 2011, and
    multiple users can use the same machine provided they aren’t accessing it simultaneously.
    This is a significant improvement with regard to licensing when you consider call centers
    or similar organizations that operate around the clock. Named and Machine CALs can be
    mixed in a deployment.
    Two different kinds of Microsoft CALs are available with Microsoft CRM 2011:
    . Full—Full system functionality is granted to a user with this type of license. These
    users have full system access and full permission to modify records, limited only by
    whatever security role and privileges might be set for them.
    . Limited-use—This CAL is a read-only CAL and comes in two options:
    Administrative or Read-only. With this license, users have the ability to view all
    areas and records in Microsoft CRM 2011. However, they cannot make any changes.
    The Administrative version gives users the ability to modify records only in the
    Settings area.
    NOTE
    The licensing differences apply only when Microsoft CRM 2011 is accessed via the web
    client. To use the Outlook client, you must have the Full CAL.

Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:16 PM

All replies

• I am going to guess that unless you can google it, the info would probably be under NDA.  I have not personally heard anything to this effect at all.
    Jamie Miley
    Check out my about.me profile!
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:18 PM
  • According to MS materials, Once users are added in Microsoft Dynamics CRM they cannot be
    If you are worry about lincense, please see some info below:
    Although users are established in the system, they can be deactivated, and other
    users can use the license.
    Microsoft CRM 2011 uses named licenses (or user CALs) as well as machine licenses (or
    device CALs) as its licensing model. Named licenses require that every user who accesses
    the Microsoft CRM 2011 must have a license. If that user leaves the company or no
    longer needs to use the CRM, the license can be transferred to another individual;
    however, the previous individual then no longer has access to Microsoft CRM 2011.
    Machine licenses allow a single computer to be licensed to Microsoft CRM 2011, and
    multiple users can use the same machine provided they aren’t accessing it simultaneously.
    This is a significant improvement with regard to licensing when you consider call centers
    or similar organizations that operate around the clock. Named and Machine CALs can be
    mixed in a deployment.
    Two different kinds of Microsoft CALs are available with Microsoft CRM 2011:
    . Full—Full system functionality is granted to a user with this type of license. These
    users have full system access and full permission to modify records, limited only by
    whatever security role and privileges might be set for them.
    . Limited-use—This CAL is a read-only CAL and comes in two options:
    Administrative or Read-only. With this license, users have the ability to view all
    areas and records in Microsoft CRM 2011. However, they cannot make any changes.
    The Administrative version gives users the ability to modify records only in the
    Settings area.
    NOTE
    The licensing differences apply only when Microsoft CRM 2011 is accessed via the web
    client. To use the Outlook client, you must have the Full CAL.

Thomas T(MCBMSS) If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:16 PM
  • Hi can i have ASAP

According to MS materials, Once users are added in Microsoft Dynamics CRM they cannot be

this OFICIAL source please quickly (i know it a OLD poste but ... i try

)

Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:30 PM