Problem with Connector on Mac RRS feed

• Question

• So far I'm really impressed with Vail.  I have no experience at all with WHS, but I went out and bought a bag of components and a case and built up a system and had it backing up my PCs using Vail in under 2 hours. 

On the PC side, everything works well (with one small exception which I'll post about in a seperate thread).  But I understand PCs very well.  Mac OS not so much.  OK, not at all.  But since my S.O. has several Mac that she needs backed up, and the support for both is the reason I'm evaluating Vail, I need to figure it out.

I was able to connect to the Vail connector download page at http://server.ip.address/connect, but clicking on the Mac OS link did nothing.

I downloaded the .dmg file from a PC and installed it on the Mac.  Seemed to work fine, but launching the installer does nothing, no wizard, no connection nothing.  Being a total Mac idiot I don't know where to go from there.  I know several people have gotten the wizard to run, so it's probably something I'm doing wrong.

Any hints?

Thanks,

John

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:45 PM

All replies

• John,

You may need to be running with admin rights when launching the .dmg file on the Mac.  I'm installing Vail right now and in a day or so will try my Mac.  If I run into an issue I'll update my post.

David

Friday, September 24, 2010 1:17 AM
  • John,

You may need to be running with admin rights when launching the .dmg file on the Mac.  I'm installing Vail right now and in a day or so will try my Mac.  If I run into an issue I'll update my post.

David

Thanks, David, I thought I was signed in to an account with admin rights, but I didn't do anything special like "run as admin" since like I said earlier I'm a Mac OS idiot.  I'll play with it some more to see if I can get any further.

John

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:13 PM