Windows OEM ISO for X11-45376 - Toshiba Laptop RRS feed

• Question

• I am rebuilding a laptop for someone that has a genuine sticker on the laptop with a key, but I can't find anywhere to download the OEM ISO file for Windows XP Media Center 2005 edition.  The ISO number is X11-45376 but i can not find anywhere on the Micorosoft site, or the Toshiba site to be able to download or even get a physical media for the OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:25 PM

Answers

• Windows XP Media Center went out of support some time ago (April this year) - and there never were legal downloads available.

There used to be a number of 'safe' torrents that you could use - but I don't know if they still exist (and they require extreme caution in checking the disks first anyhow).

I really cannot recommend that anyone install XP now, but appreciate that some have very little choice.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:31 PM

All replies

• Windows XP Media Center went out of support some time ago (April this year) - and there never were legal downloads available.

There used to be a number of 'safe' torrents that you could use - but I don't know if they still exist (and they require extreme caution in checking the disks first anyhow).

I really cannot recommend that anyone install XP now, but appreciate that some have very little choice.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:31 PM
  • Support for Windows XP Media Center 2005 edition has concluded. There is no download available...sorry!

Carey Frisch

Friday, November 21, 2014 5:35 AM