One Care Installation WXP partially updated and may not work properly error. RRS feed

• Question

• Installation succeded, then scan,  and then began update XPSP3...929.  Copy error xmlpwp.xdr on wireless profile.xdr.  SP# setup error 0 success, 1 failed, 5remaining and began undo- restoring catalogs-stopping services- Software update removal wizard messaged WXP partially updated and may not work.

At this point, I need some direction as to what my first concern should be, which would lead me to my first question of what action to take?

And by the way, thanks Jim, for the timely fix to my earlier Mcaffee  removal problem.

Enc.

Friday, October 31, 2008 7:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Enceladus, it appears that the installation of Service Pack 3 has failed. You can get free expert help with SP3 here - https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

Friday, October 31, 2008 10:38 PM
  • Hi, I spent six hours on the phone to India.  He apologized and said he would refer me to research.  I still get updates are available but the update fails.  Windows defender continues to tell me its off and needs to be turned on.  And it will not do anything but a quick scan.  I've got thousands of dollars of Microsoft and monthly subscriptions, and the anger and disgust level will not get the problem resolved. And a hotlink reference to somebody, anybody else is not what I dropped McAffee for.

Friday, November 21, 2008 1:28 PM
  • I'm sorry to read that the problem continues. If you have not updated to SP3 due to the failures reported in your first thread, you'll keep seeing that at risk status for OneCare - which is doing its job. Your problem is with Windows, not OneCare.

Your second issue, regarding Defender, is with a broken WMI repository. Defender *must* be turned off when OneCare is installed. This should resolve that issue, at least:

Windows Security Center fix - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2469173&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, November 21, 2008 5:06 PM