Submit Microsoft Live Small Business Basics Website Sitemap to Office Live Search RRS feed

• Question

• The Small Business Basics website site map ends with the extension aspx but the site map instructions for validation requires and XML extension or an imbeded meta tag in the head portion of the website.  Can't figure out how to do either.  Can you help so I can validate the website?     Thanks Wally

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:13 PM

Answers

All replies

• Replying to my own message.  After 4 or 5 e-mails to the Microsoft support group, I finely found someone who really knew the system.  I got the answer I expected.  You can't put a metatag in the header using the M/S small business websirte designer.  An update is in process, hopefully it will allow the ability to do so.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:07 AM
  • I had the same problem. Microsoft live sbb is not very compatible with Google. I had the same trouble with my sitemap and getting my site verified for the use of webmaster tools. Very disappointing but it is free.

They recently added a feature to customize your Header/Footer usign XML. One step closer I guess.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:09 PM
  • I found the following website and was able to verify my site with Google...

http://solutionsforofficelive.com/googlewebmastertools.aspx

Right now I'm attempting to figure out how to submit a sitemap. I'll let you know if I can figure out how.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 4:21 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting the link. Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:37 PM
  • Hi Tafkap777

Did you figure out how to submit your sitemap to Google? I noticed you added an XML sitemap as a document and included a link to it on your sites viewable sitemap. Please let me know who to add a sitemap to google.

Thank you for your help!

Thursday, September 4, 2008 8:05 PM
  •  add this code to the end of your Search Engine Optimization screen / Keyword metatags box
    %22%20/%3E%20%3Cmeta name=%22msvalidate.01%22 content=%22  

then enter your Authentication code
    • Proposed as answer by Matthew1Clarke Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:31 AM
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 4:57 AM