Help, what do I need to buy Upgrade of Full since last software purchase was a fake :( RRS feed

• Question

• Since I have come to find out I upgraded my Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate with a MSDN copy I was sold, I can't afford to lose everything, What do I need to buy now a upgrade copy of Win 7 ultimate and use my Vista product key, or do I have to buy the full version now.  I'm so upset about all of this mess.

thanks for all the help,

Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Answers

• The easiest (and least painful) method to resolve your non-genuine Windows 7 Ultimate issue is to purchase a Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate – Full Version Edition and then proceed to Update your Windows product key.

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:28 PM
  • You can buy an upgrade copy of Windows 7 Ultimate but you will need to restore Vista Ultimate in order to have something to upgrade from.  Or you can, as Carey suggests, buy a full license copy.  Then you would not need to do any installations.  Just change the product key.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:06 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The easiest (and least painful) method to resolve your non-genuine Windows 7 Ultimate issue is to purchase a Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate – Full Version Edition and then proceed to Update your Windows product key.

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 8:28 PM
  • You can buy an upgrade copy of Windows 7 Ultimate but you will need to restore Vista Ultimate in order to have something to upgrade from.  Or you can, as Carey suggests, buy a full license copy.  Then you would not need to do any installations.  Just change the product key.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 9:06 PM
    Answerer