off topic - Can't Identify Backup File on Server RRS feed

• General discussion

•   I have 40 computers here on server. Someone has a backup file every week a little over a gig going to server, it continues to backup until server is full. I looked at properties on file but cannot identify where it is coming from. It is the same file like 1 minute apart every Sunday night. Is there a way to identify where the backup file is coming from without going to each computer?
     By the way, this is not my main job, I was given this job on the side due to IT guy leaving. So please answer where I would understand. Sorry.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 12:56 PM

All replies

•   

I think that you're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare since you are mentioning 40 computers and a server.
    However, you should be able to identify the source by locating the backup file on the server and viewing the file properties - specifically the owner of the file.
    If you *are* using OneCare, please respond and I'll move the post back to the backup topic folder.

You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare Forum Moderator
    Monday, December 29, 2008 1:32 PM
  • OK thanks alot! I really didn't know where to go for this question. Thanks for the help.
    Monday, December 29, 2008 2:04 PM