locked
CRM 2011 Custom SOAP development RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We have an issue where a custom application that was written pulls data from our internal db and populates CRM. this application is working but with one weird issue. When it creates the contact automatically through CRM SDK the email address does not get into the dbo.EmailSearchBase table inside of the CRM database. This then is not allowing any emails to be tracked to the contact and causes duplicate contacts.

    Any idea why the SDK could cause this. Code was too many characters.

    Thanks,

    Chris

    Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:12 PM

Answers

  • Sorry I never replied to this. But after hours of troubleshooting with Microsoft it turned out the no count option was enabled on their SQL server which was causing this behavior.

    This is accessable via right clicking on the server name inside of SQL management studio. Then going to connections and the default connection options had no count checked. unchecking fixed this behavior.

    • Marked as answer by chrisc543-1 Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:39 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:39 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Some things to check:

    1. Have you checked that the contact being created has a valid email address.

    2. Did you upgrade from CRM 4? Check that the email address field is of type email and not text - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadcrmsupport/archive/2012/11/29/during-upgrade-from-crm-4-0-to-crm-2011-the-emailaddress-field-format-may-change-from-email-to-text.aspx

    3. Check that your application creating emails is using the OrganizationService.Create method - if it is, try issuing an update and see if that places the row in the EmailSearchBase table.

    hth


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Friday, July 19, 2013 7:39 AM
    Answerer
  • We have checked the contact is being created with valid email address. We did not upgrade from 4 its a fresh install of CRM 2011. I am not sure how to check application for creating emails. It is creating a contact not an email. How do I issue an update to see if it places the row in the emailsearchbase table?

    Thanks for the help.

    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:32 PM
  • Ok. We have done some more debugging. And what we find is if we create a contact even through the GUI and not through the program without a email address and then add an email address after it does not track correctly. It will created another contact with the email address and name. So then we have two contacts with the same information. Any help is appreciated.
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

    That is most unusual - could you describe exactly the steps to reproduce the issue in the user interface so I can better understand the issue.


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:15 PM
    Answerer
  • I go to contacts select new. and then add the first name and last name and account click on save and close. If i reopen the record and add the email address and do save and close. Then i track the email the client creates a new contact. with just first name last name and email address.

    Thursday, July 25, 2013 4:28 PM
  • Ok I have reproduced on our production CRM 2011 as well. If I create a contact without an email address and do save and close. Then go back into the contact and add the email address then go and track from outlook it will create a new contact and not attach to the one I created. Can anyone else test this and see if its maybe a bug. I don't recall this happening before UR12. Also is there maybe a background process that has to run first maybe I am doing to fast??
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

    I have tested this with UR13 and the EmailTrackingBase table is updated immediately the contact is updated with the email.

    I suggest you try and upgrade to UR13 (best practice is to stay one behind the current!) and see if that fixes it - otherwise raise an issue with Microsoft Support.

    hth


    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:07 PM
    Answerer
  • Turns out the clients is already on 13 our own is on 12. but it is happening on both. Have ticket open with microsoft.
    Friday, August 9, 2013 7:19 PM
  • Thanks for the update -let us know how it goes please.

    Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

    Friday, August 9, 2013 8:13 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry I never replied to this. But after hours of troubleshooting with Microsoft it turned out the no count option was enabled on their SQL server which was causing this behavior.

    This is accessable via right clicking on the server name inside of SQL management studio. Then going to connections and the default connection options had no count checked. unchecking fixed this behavior.

    • Marked as answer by chrisc543-1 Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:39 PM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:39 PM