CRM 2011 - Plugins not working in Managed Solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Just a quick question:

• We have two set of websites a) Development (unmanaged solution) b) Staging for QA (managed solution)
    • I have create 5-6 plugins in past month or so and they work perfect on the Development website (unmanaged)
    • The Plugin assembly is registered as Step#3: Isolation mode = Sandbox, Step# 4 = Database
    • The solution when deployed on Stagging website as Managed, the plugins are not working
    • Although i could see the plugin reg information in a) Within Plugin registration tool for Staging website b) In the solution properties (staging website) - Plugin in assemblies

I am sure you must have come across this, is it because of the isolation mode or what am i missing here.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you include all steps in your managed sulution?

Did you mark the chackbox for activating the staps during installation of the solution?

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Did you include all steps in your managed sulution?

Not sure, what steps what we have in the import for managed solution (its pretty much next, next process and i did overwrite)

Did you mark the chackbox for activating the staps during installation of the solution?

What is that thing? Can you please explain.

Thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

First - you need to make sure you are including "SDK Message Processing Steps" in your solution.

Second - Make sure you mark the checkbox for activating the staps during insatllation of the solution in another environment

Mahain : MS CRM Freelancer
    • Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:27 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:19 AM
  • When you open your solution and you go to "Sdk Mesage Processing Steps" you should see a list of all your steps. If the list is empty, click on "Add Existing".

During installation of the managed solution select:

"Activate any processes and enable any SDK message processing steps…"

• Proposed as answer by Jan AS Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:27 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:26 AM
  • Great, Thank you so much Mahender and Jan, again i have learned something new today.

Can you guys help me with that Jscript issue of mine (i have to update the Parent window), here is the link: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/89a01a43-af7b-4088-9a37-f0fe40d1524c

Again thanks a lot.

Thursday, August 11, 2011 11:27 AM