none
Disk is missing in the console RRS feed

• Question

• I've been searching this forum for some answers to this but no luck yet.

One of my drive is missing in the WHS console but both device manager and computer management see it and they are telling me the drive is healthy.

I've checked the SATA cables, I've switched the SATA ports, runned a CHKDSK but nothing.

The drive is still missing and it was 98% full. Not ultra high sensative data inside, but it would be nice if I didn't have to hunt it again.

Any thoughts?

Help me Obi-wan Kennobi, you're my only hope.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:12 PM

Answers

One of my drive is missing in the WHS console but both device manager and computer management see it and they are telling me the drive is healthy.

I've checked the SATA cables, I've switched the SATA ports, runned a CHKDSK but nothing.

The drive is still missing and it was 98% full. Not ultra high sensative data inside, but it would be nice if I didn't have to hunt it again.

Any thoughts?

The only supported method is to pull the drive out of the server, copy all of the data from that drive to another location, format the drive, then connect it back to the server and add it to the storage pool (then copy all of your data back to your server).
    • Marked as answer by MarabytePT Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:30 AM

All replies

Any thoughts?

The only supported method is to pull the drive out of the server, copy all of the data from that drive to another location, format the drive, then connect it back to the server and add it to the storage pool (then copy all of your data back to your server).
    • Marked as answer by MarabytePT Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 3:30 AM
  • Thank you Katiya21! It worked!

by the way do you have any idea what may have caused this?
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 10:13 AM
  • Thank you Katiya21! It worked!

by the way do you have any idea what may have caused this?

A cosmic ray perhaps?  :)

I would say to run chkdsk /r on that drive, but it looks like you already did....
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:05 AM