What plugin message to select Add phonecall activity to a contact RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to Plugin development,

and i cannot figure out What plugin message should i select if i want to run the plugin when a phone call activity is added to a contact.

I am writing the plugin to update the Phone call updated Date field of Contact when phone call is added to the contact.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:28 AM

Answers

• HI,

You can register your plugin on create message and choose phone call entity.

And from regarding lookup in phone call entity you can identity this activity is related to contact and then you can implement your logic to set required date

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Jangra

• Marked as answer by Mr.Yasir ali Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:56 AM

All replies

• HI,

You can register your plugin on create message and choose phone call entity.

And from regarding lookup in phone call entity you can identity this activity is related to contact and then you can implement your logic to set required date

Regards

Deepak

Deepak Jangra

• Marked as answer by Mr.Yasir ali Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 10:56 AM
  • Thanks Deepak,

Its working now, and i want to create a CRM report which will display all participants related to one selected Event.

if i select one Event and go to run report he will display all participants of this Event.

Thanks 

Thursday, September 11, 2014 8:23 AM
  • This solution will work fine if you wanted this logic to run only when a phonecall is created, but won't work if you create the phonecall and later set the regarding to a contact record. For that you could use the Update or Associate.

Here is a full list of messages.

I hope this helps. If my response answered your question, please mark the response as an answer and also vote as helpful. Michael Mayo

Sunday, September 14, 2014 6:34 PM