Can MS Money Plus Sunset Home & Business do this? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi everyone.

I'm using the Sunset edition of Money for Home and Business.  The new Accountant I am using has provided me some "homework" to do in my accounting software and I've looked, but I'm not sure MS Money can do this request.

I told him I use MS Money and this was his latest reply/suggestions after he commented he wasn't familiar with MS Money:

1. What needs to be done is making a General Journal Entry. Search the help menu for how to do this and date it the last day of the fiscal year. I gave the debits and credits for you to enter just as I provided them.
    2. Shareholder loan is a new account in the liabilities section.
    3. Need to set up the accounts depreciation expense, accumulated depreciation in assets section, amortization expense and accumulated amortization in the asset section. If you are unable to do that, I will have to track it off the books.  It would be good for you to find out how you can make general  journal entries as it will come in handy.

Can any experts out there advise me as to whether these items are even possible to do in Money?  I haven't been getting anywhere trying this myself.

Michael

Monday, July 15, 2013 11:40 PM

All replies