How often should the connector give the same warning? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running win 7 RC (32 bit) and pp3 connector.  If I have any (WHS) warnings my system will allert me about every 5 minutes.  This does not happen on my Vista or XP systems, just the Win7 RC system.  I realize I can ignore the issue but I am trying to understand why it keeps reminding me.  Anyone else see this behavior?
    Thanks
    Thomas
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 2:56 AM

Answers

• It is showing the AV is out of date on a pc that is turned off.

To the best of my knowledge, you should never get any A/V notification on a PC that is turned off (providing the A/V was up-to-date the last time it was turned on).  Is the A/V on that PC up-to-date (or was it at least up-to-date the last time it was on)?  Also, did you have that problem before installing PP3 beta?  If not, you should file a bug report on Connect.

I am clicking on the X on the message but I am not going into the console and clicking on ignore.  I am trying to understand why the Win7 system is showing me the warning every few minutes but the Vista & XP systems will wait hours before reminding me?
    Thanks
    Thomas 

Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:43 PM

All replies

• I am running win 7 RC (32 bit) and pp3 connector.  If I have any (WHS) warnings my system will allert me about every 5 minutes.  This does not happen on my Vista or XP systems, just the Win7 RC system.  I realize I can ignore the issue but I am trying to understand why it keeps reminding me.  Anyone else see this behavior?
    Thanks
    Thomas

What issue keeps appearing?  Are you clicking ignore on the issue when it comes up?
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:02 PM
  • It is showing the AV is out of date on a pc that is turned off.  I am clicking on the X on the message but I am not going into the console and clicking on ignore.  I am trying to understand why the Win7 system is showing me the warning every few minutes but the Vista & XP systems will wait hours before reminding me?
    Thanks
    Thomas 
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:26 PM
  • It is showing the AV is out of date on a pc that is turned off.

To the best of my knowledge, you should never get any A/V notification on a PC that is turned off (providing the A/V was up-to-date the last time it was turned on).  Is the A/V on that PC up-to-date (or was it at least up-to-date the last time it was on)?  Also, did you have that problem before installing PP3 beta?  If not, you should file a bug report on Connect.

I am clicking on the X on the message but I am not going into the console and clicking on ignore.  I am trying to understand why the Win7 system is showing me the warning every few minutes but the Vista & XP systems will wait hours before reminding me?
    Thanks
    Thomas 

Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:43 PM