Needed separate assembly for each page in TFS MSBuild RRS feed

• Question

• I have created Team Project in TFS 2017 Update 3. I want to build and publish the project using MSBuild. I have successfully completed the Building. But it generates single assembly for entire project. I need a separate assembly for each page in TFS MSBuild. The same way we can do in Visual Studio Publish Profile -- <WDPMergeOption>CreateSeparateAssembly</WDPMergeOption>. Is there any MSBuild Argument available which solves my issue???

I have set the MSBuild Arguments as /p:DeployOnBuild=true;PublishProfile=<name of your profile> But i am not able to get the desired result. I have published the web application offline using visual studio 2012 Professional. It generates separate dlls. I have added same publish profile in Team Project. The same publish profile i have used in MSBuild Argument. But still it generates combined assembly. Hereby I have attached Publish Profile, Screenshots of Assembly files generated using Visual Studio 2012 publish and TFS 2017 Build. Would you please help us to configure this?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- This file is used by the publish/package process of your Web project. You can customize the behavior of this process by editing this MSBuild file. In order to learn more about this please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=208121. -->

<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">

<PropertyGroup>

<WebPublishMethod>FileSystem</WebPublishMethod> <LastUsedBuildConfiguration>Debug</LastUsedBuildConfiguration>

<LastUsedPlatform>Any CPU</LastUsedPlatform>

<SiteUrlToLaunchAfterPublish />

<LaunchSiteAfterPublish>True</LaunchSiteAfterPublish>

<ExcludeApp_Data>True</ExcludeApp_Data>

<publishUrl>\\sspl36\PreCompiledForRelease\SeparateDll</publishUrl>

<DeleteExistingFiles>True</DeleteExistingFiles>

<PrecompileBeforePublish>True</PrecompileBeforePublish>

<EnableUpdateable>True</EnableUpdateable>

<DebugSymbols>True</DebugSymbols>

<WDPMergeOption>CreateSeparateAssembly</WDPMergeOption>

<UseFixedNames>True</UseFixedNames>

</PropertyGroup>

</Project>

Thanks in Advance.

Saturday, March 3, 2018 9:33 AM

All replies

• Thanks for your posting.

Since TFS forum on MSDN have retired, I will recommend you post the related issue on Stack Overflow or report a user voice on Developer community, MS support engineers there will provide more professional support.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 5, 2018 5:25 AM