none
Forum posts: URLs appear as text instead of hyperlinks RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Santosh !

I have just edited your post and paste the URL using "Insert Hyperlink" (Ctrl + K) button and it appeared fine. Please try inserting hyperlinks using that option.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:47 AM
  • I think you may try posting it on Chrome forums also. I also vaguely remember I had this problem before for a few days and it resolved by itself. You can hope for this.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Yes, I will post this in Chrome forums and see if I get any inputs there.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:39 PM
  • pasting links works fine for me except that after the link the next letter also turns to link and I have to delete and re-type.

What about always leaving a trailing space?  Would that qualify as "the next letter"?

FWIW with IE10 on W8 I found that I had to leave a trailing space after doing a Ctrl-v into the Ctrl-k form anyway, otherwise the link input was not recognized.

(!)  I'm now on IE10 (Preview) on W7  so I can see if that problem still exists using your link...

Bizarre.   Supposedly it worked.  But nothing is showing.   Checking with the HTML button...   It's there?   Oh, I know:   I didn't have any text highlighted before I did my  Ctrl-k, so it just inserted an anchor with empty text.  Correct but useless.

Here's the link without using Ctrl-k:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/set-based-speed-phreakery-the-fifo-stock-inventory-sql-problem/

And Ctrl-a  shows that it will be interpreted as a link without me having to do anything more.

FYI

Robert
    ---

EDIT:   (O/T)  Has something changed regarding post-submit scrolling?  This was posted from a Preview and it scrolled to the bottom of the preview thread.   The post was actually made mid-thread so scrolling to it would have been optimal.  Unfortunately, I did not have any other preview threads open below this one to know if there is really any difference in this regard.  Spacing during Edit is still not great.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:35 PM
  • This issue is fixed I believe after long time !

I am able to post URL without any issues from Chrome (Current Version 26.0.1410.43 m). Not sure if that was an issue related to Chrome or forum application ;-)

E.g. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/f065988f-7f8a-415f-aa07-613d23c5b5e3/

Regards, Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate Text Vote As Helpful & click on Alternate Text Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Interview with a Wiki Ninja: Santosh Bhandarkar, Windows Server and Directory Service Expert

Monday, April 1, 2013 10:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Santosh !

I have just edited your post and paste the URL using "Insert Hyperlink" (Ctrl + K) button and it appeared fine. Please try inserting hyperlinks using that option.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:47 AM
  • Hi Hasham,

Thanks for responding :-)

I tried inserting hyperlink in this post using Ctrl +K but I couldn't see any hyperlink appearing ( it was blank, when I clicked on insert ).

Ctrl + v : http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/f065988f-7f8a-415f-aa07-613d23c5b5e3/

Not sure if this is another forum bug which doesn't support Chrome completely.

Regards, Santosh

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:02 AM
  • Check http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/set-based-speed-phreakery-the-fifo-stock-inventory-sql-problem/

I am using Chrome and pasting links works fine for me except that after the link the next letter also turns to link and I have to delete and re-type.

My Chrome version is Version 22.0.1229.94 m

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:12 PM
  • I am using Chrome and pasting links works fine for me except that after the link the next letter also turns to link and I have to delete and re-type.

My blog

You are correct Naomi. It used to work for me few days earlier. Perhaps, Chrome update messed up everything !

I tried Firefox 16, Opera 12 as well today but no luck so far :(

Regards, Santosh

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Alternate TextVote As Helpful & click on Alternate TextMark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:12 PM
  • Have you tried re-starting your computer? If it doesn't work, perhaps Windows Restore assuming you haven't made lots of other changes lately?

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:21 PM
  • I tried almost everything I could such as system reboot, resetting Chrome, uninstall-reinstall Chrome, System restore etc... I even installed chrome on multiple virtual machines ( WS 2003, WS 2008 ) running on my laptop however same issue persists.

I just would not want to re-image my machine just because of this issue 

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:30 PM
  • I think you may try posting it on Chrome forums also. I also vaguely remember I had this problem before for a few days and it resolved by itself. You can hope for this.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Yes, I will post this in Chrome forums and see if I get any inputs there.

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:39 PM
  • pasting links works fine for me except that after the link the next letter also turns to link and I have to delete and re-type.

What about always leaving a trailing space?  Would that qualify as "the next letter"?

FWIW with IE10 on W8 I found that I had to leave a trailing space after doing a Ctrl-v into the Ctrl-k form anyway, otherwise the link input was not recognized.

(!)  I'm now on IE10 (Preview) on W7  so I can see if that problem still exists using your link...

Bizarre.   Supposedly it worked.  But nothing is showing.   Checking with the HTML button...   It's there?   Oh, I know:   I didn't have any text highlighted before I did my  Ctrl-k, so it just inserted an anchor with empty text.  Correct but useless.

Here's the link without using Ctrl-k:

http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/set-based-speed-phreakery-the-fifo-stock-inventory-sql-problem/

And Ctrl-a  shows that it will be interpreted as a link without me having to do anything more.

FYI

Robert
    ---

EDIT:   (O/T)  Has something changed regarding post-submit scrolling?  This was posted from a Preview and it scrolled to the bottom of the preview thread.   The post was actually made mid-thread so scrolling to it would have been optimal.  Unfortunately, I did not have any other preview threads open below this one to know if there is really any difference in this regard.  Spacing during Edit is still not great.
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:35 PM

My blog

I'm having trouble proposing Naomi's answer. Can someone else propose it?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:55 PM
    Owner
  • Ed, I would, but I cannot. I can only unpropose, and you seem to have already unproposed ?? See screen shot below:

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:45 PM
  • Finally you also experienced the bug we're talking about. If you check my activity, you'll find out that there is no activity for the proposed answer. If you voted this as helpful (I don't remember, may be it was Santosh) then I didn't get the 5 points either.

That's the problem - half of my answers could not be marked (they ended up shown as marked, but no history and no points) and same goes with proposed answers.

I also sometimes can not propose Kalman's or Uri's answer (I got error, but the answers got proposed without a history).

My blog

Friday, November 16, 2012 12:15 AM
  • Finally you also experienced the bug we're talking about. 

My blog

Who, me? Of course I experienced it. For as long as you have. It's bugged and they're working on it.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, November 19, 2012 10:51 PM
    Owner
  • I seem to now experience the same problem. I used to copy URL from the address bar, paste into message body and it will be automatically converted to link. Now such links are pasted as plain text, e.g.

http://berezniker.com/content/pages/visual-foxpro/how-pass-parameters-vfp-exe

and I have to manually highlight and convert to link using link button.

My blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:47 AM
  • I seem to now experience the same problem. I used to copy URL from the address bar, paste into message body and it will be automatically converted to link. Now such links are pasted as plain text, e.g.

http://berezniker.com/content/pages/visual-foxpro/how-pass-parameters-vfp-exe

and I have to manually highlight and convert to link using link button.

My blog

Now, manually converting links works for me too :-)

E.G. www.test.com

Regards, Santosh

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:27 AM
  • Can you please provide a link to your post in the Google Chrome forum? This problem is rather annoying as I have to take extra steps now to convert plain text to a link.

My blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Odd, I have no problem posting a link, no extra steps.

http://www.test.com/

All I did was copy/paste/submit

EDIT - Oops, sorry did not see that you were using Chrome.  I am on IE.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:56 PM
  • Can you please provide a link to your post in the Google Chrome forum? This problem is rather annoying as I have to take extra steps now to convert plain text to a link.

My blog

Here is the thread from Google Chrome forum (No reply Yet)

URLs appear as text instead of hyperlinks when posting in Microsoft Technet forums

Thanks

Regards, Santosh

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:58 PM
  • This issue is fixed I believe after long time !

I am able to post URL without any issues from Chrome (Current Version 26.0.1410.43 m). Not sure if that was an issue related to Chrome or forum application ;-)

E.g. http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/f065988f-7f8a-415f-aa07-613d23c5b5e3/

Regards, Santosh

Interview with a Wiki Ninja: Santosh Bhandarkar, Windows Server and Directory Service Expert

Monday, April 1, 2013 10:25 AM
  • Ok, I just updated to Version 26.0.1410.43 m.

Let me re-try

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2675610/how-to-update-a-table-using-oledb-parameters

Yeah, it works!!!!!!!!!!!

My blog

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Good to hear that :)

Regards, Santosh

Monday, April 1, 2013 1:47 PM