none
Glitches with Technet Forums, Live ID and my Profile RRS feed

• General discussion

• In the last two or three days, I have been seeing a message like "Your Windows Live ID cannot be used on this forum at this time."

Then later it works fine.  Sometimes I can get on from one of the other forums such as MSDN or where I presently am, Microsoft Forums.

I think it micht have something to do with trying to link my Live ID to my Domain account on Windows 8 RP.

Thursday, June 7, 2012 7:06 PM

All replies

• I am getting it again today.

For a while it seemed ok.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:24 PM
  • After my last post, I couldn't get on to these forums at all.  At first, I got on today, but then it started again.  Now after several hours I can post again.

Windows Live was ok but in the forums it was telling me I had to create a profile.  If I tried to go to my profile, it was empty.

Something is broken and needs to be fixed.

Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:17 AM
  • Your issue sounds like it could be related to the problems many people had Wednesday (yesterday) reported in this thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/7018e2db-c072-4339-9fae-78dc4c69257b

We seemed to lose our profile. When we replied or asked a question in the forums, we were directed to a page to edit our profile. The problem was fixed for most of us after a few hours yesterday. Are you still having the same problem? If so, does it help if you restart your computer?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:17 PM
  • Thanks, Richard.

Yes, that is the issue.  I am still skeptical about it being fixed.  But it seems ok for now.

My problems might have something to do with my Live ID trust relationships.  None of them can be confirmed because of an obsolete email address.
    • Edited by Brian Borg Friday, June 15, 2012 8:50 PM
    Thursday, June 14, 2012 9:32 PM