none
www.fishdigg.com autocad tutorials Selecting Overlapping Objects RRS feed

• Question

• autocad tutorials

Sometimes we just have to select some objects that are overlapping. I used to delete the ones on top to reach those at the bottom. However, sometimes your project necessitates overlapping objects and you may have to select one of them. Luckily, AutoCAD 2011 has some new features to make the process a lot simpler.

Fig.1
    autocad tutorials
    There is a little line coinciding with my axis lines in Fig.1. Moving my cursor over to select one of them, you’ll notice how they appear offset just a lttle bit. Clicking while they are so will bring up a list of the overlapping objects (Fig.2).

Fig.2
    autocad tutorials
    As you can see below in Fig.3, you can select the desired objects from the box where the overlapping objects are listed.

Fig.3
    autocad tutorials
    As you navigate through the list (1), the properties window shows the properites of the objects in the list (2) and these can be observed in real time on the drawing (3).

My advice to AutoCAD 2009 and 2010 users is to hold down SHIFT and SPACE keys simultaneously and click on the object. As you keep clicking, you’ll see that the overlapping objects are toggled to the front.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:38 PM