Vista won't accept Toshiba PID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

Due to a hardware fault I've had to re-install Vista Home Premium back onto my Toshiba Equium L40. The problem was with the hard disk which had a partition on it with the image for recovery.

However, my Dad has his own OEM copy of Vista Home Premium so we thought that we would install that and use the PID that is on the bottom of my laptop.

When it came to putting in the product key, Vista wouldn't accept it. We installed Vista without the PID, deciding to sort it out after. Trying to enter the PID from within Vista doesn't work either. Now I have 30 days to activate Vista.

Can I do this without the PID being entered and if so, will it mess up my Dad's activation, he's had to send his motherboard back to the store as there was a fault with it?

Does this mean that I'll need to buy a copy of Vista to resolve the problem?

Regards

Matto

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:13 PM

Answers

• The Windows Vista OEM product key affixed to your Toshiba computer will only work with Toshiba's Windows Vista recovery disc.  You'll need to contact Toshiba support and order the correct recovery disc for you Toshiba computer.

How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:28 PM