Authorization Directory RRS feed

• Question

• hi! On my home server, I can store videos that only certain users can only see and also my Xbox 360, is this possible?

In Windows Home Server, we just decide that the rights of a directory and activate or not the streaming media to devices including the Xbox 360.

How do I make my Xbox 360 and my PC can access them only to a directory video?

Thank you
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 4:41 PM

Answers

• hi! On my home server, I can store videos that only certain users can only see and also my Xbox 360, is this possible?

In Windows Home Server, we just decide that the rights of a directory and activate or not the streaming media to devices including the Xbox 360.

Thank you
    That's not possible.  The permissions are based only at the share level, not the folder (or subfolder) level within a share.  What you could do is create a new share and restrict access to that share.  The downside of that would be that the files you store in that new share would not be streamable to an XBox 360.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:05 PM

All replies

Thank you
    That's not possible.  The permissions are based only at the share level, not the folder (or subfolder) level within a share.  What you could do is create a new share and restrict access to that share.  The downside of that would be that the files you store in that new share would not be streamable to an XBox 360.
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:05 PM
  • Thanks for your reponse.
    Friday, November 27, 2009 9:25 AM