Display Filter Error on Access Forums RRS feed

All replies

• Just curious after almost a full year there has not been any sort of response and also why the issue still exists.

Annual Bump

Annual Bump

Annual Bump

Annual Bump

Annual Bump

Annual Bump

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 8:59 PM
  • I have found, if the page is "old", it will show threads that in the past had no replies, but now do have replies. Here is how (other than just leaving the page of posts open a long time):

1. First go to MSDN or TechNet forums home page (or any specific forum).
    2. Refresh.
    3. Filter on no replies.
    4. Open a thread.
    5. Go back.

The page (the list of threads with no reply) will refresh to an older version, the way I saw it in the recent past. Some threads will be listed with no views, but when you click to view you might see replies. This seems to only happen the first time I click on a post to view, and only on the first page of posts. It is as if the browser retrieves the page from old cache when I click "Back".

Most people will either not experience this, or if they do will not notice. When I recognize it, the fix is to refresh the page. It took me awhile to realize the exact sequence. I happens to me because I keep going back (after a few hours) and filtering, and I restart infrequently. I would call this a bug.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 10:36 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thank you for responding.

It seems what you experience and what I am talking about are very different. If you click on the link provided in the original post, it will take you to the example referred to.

Scroll down to the one titled; Web Apps: Extend timeouts for complex...

Expand this one. Even though it notes no replies, it has a reply that is marked as answered. Two issues here even after refresh and viewing from multiple computers using multiple browsers; Unanswered and No Replies.

This must be a bug.

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Thursday, June 11, 2015 1:18 PM
  • That is different, and I don't believe I have seen it before. My guess is that there is something wrong with the metadata for the thread, caused by a problem at the time of the reply. I would email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com with links like above and an explanation. They may be able to fix the metadata, or explain the problem, or verify if a bug is involved.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Friday, July 24, 2015 9:41 PM
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 3:19 PM