WHS Power Pack 3? RRS feed

• Question

• Let me begin by saying that I am well aware that WHS is well out of support. My WHS box is not accessible from the Internet and I work in the Enterprise Network security space so I am quite confident my WHS box is secure and I'm willing to accept and manage the risk of running a server that is out of support. :-)

Now that I've got that out of the way, onto my question. My HP MediaSmart server recently died so I've repurposed an old Celestrix ISA appliance I have to be a new WHS server. I've managed to get WHS with PowerPack 1 installed, and installed 170 some odd Windows Updates shortly after the initial install. The box is working fine, backups, restores, media sharing, etc. The issue I'm having is that after the initial round of updates, I can no longer seem to update through the console, and if I try through Windows Update directly, it fails to open the Windows Update web site.

What I'm really looking for here is a way to manually download PowerPack 3. I've tried MSDN and the Update Catalog with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Update: I just thought to check the console and I am currently at PP2, not still at PP1.
    • Edited by Paul Adare Saturday, August 22, 2015 6:48 AM updated information
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 6:43 AM

Answers

• And let me conclude by saying this was totally operator error. Getting to the Windows Update web site is much easier when one enters an accurate IP address for the server's default gateway. :-)
    • Marked as answer by Paul Adare Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:46 AM
    Saturday, August 22, 2015 8:45 AM