Many Pop-up Errors In Windows XP RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,  I searched but could not find any links to my question and or PC problems.  My OS is Windows XP Home Edition SP3 with IE7.  I use Windows Firewall and I recently upgraded my Security from Avanquest Fix-it Utilities 8 to Avanquest System Suite 9.  I have DSL HighSpeed Internet and my ISP is QWEST with MSN Browser which I use for my Home Page.  I am completely NOVICE with the configurations and settings under all Tabs in Internet Properties (General through Advanced).  I do not know what to enable or disable and or what to check or uncheckMy problems:  Just recently, when playing at POGO, I would get a error: Pogo uses the latest version of Java Plug-in.  I went to Java & verified & I do have the latest version, but I still get the same error when trying to play Pogo games.  So maybe my settings are not correct.  Also, when I am on the Internet my PC sometimes reboots by itself then it started disconnecting me from the internet about every 20 to 30 minutes with a Pop-up Error: MSN was unable to load a required library msnmetal.dll with another Pop-up Error: Windows Delayed Write Failed: Windows was unable to save all the data for the file...data has been lost.  May be caused by a failure of your hardware or network connection.  Please try to save this file elsewhere.  Then, my mouse freezes and I have to reboot.  I rebooted and went to Control Panel clicked on the Add/Remove Icon to uninstall Avanquest S.S. 9, because I thought this may be the problem.  I got to the Add/Remove Page only for a split second then I was taken back to the Control Panel.  So now I can't add or remove programs.  I then ran a deep scan for AV and AS using Avanquest System Suite 9.  When it finished scanning it reported: No Problems Found (which I didn't believe).  That is when I Shut Down my PC and will not turned it back on until I get some advice and support from this forum on How-to fix it.  I am using my daughters PC which is safe and secure (no problems).  THANK-YOUHOPE YOU CAN HELP!  Sincerely,  Bonnie Lou     
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:37 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:38 PM Off topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:04 PM

All replies