Bulk Record Deletion Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a bulk deletion system job that I created using the API.  I'm trying to delete all contacts in the system.  Every single deletion is failing and I tried to cancel the deletion.  It now says 'Canceled' but seems to still be running - the # of failures keep increasing.  How do I stop the bulk deletion?
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:43 PM

Answers

• Try restarting the Async Processing service on the server.  The job may not cancel when it's running, and it may be overlapping itself in execution with timeouts caused by malformed queries.  Sans that, it would be helpful to have a better definition of the errors.

Dave Berry
    • Marked as answer by chuckc_1 Monday, August 16, 2010 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:02 PM

All replies

• Try restarting the Async Processing service on the server.  The job may not cancel when it's running, and it may be overlapping itself in execution with timeouts caused by malformed queries.  Sans that, it would be helpful to have a better definition of the errors.

Dave Berry
    • Marked as answer by chuckc_1 Monday, August 16, 2010 6:22 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:02 PM
  • yeah, tried that but it didn't work.  I ended up rebooting the server which seemed to stop it for a bit but then it started back up.  Any ideas?
    • Marked as answer by chuckc_1 Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by chuckc_1 Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:34 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:07 PM
  • You'll probably want to enable tracing and examine the logs for additional information before any reasoned analysis could be performed.
    Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com
    Monday, August 16, 2010 8:47 PM