PC won't synchronise. RRS feed

• Question

• I run Live Mesh from my PC and a couple of laptops in order to be able to work on Word and Excel files in various locations. However, my PC seems to have stopped synchronising.  I can see the updated versions of files on my live desktop but they won't update to my PC.  It used to work. Running XP on desktop and Vista on laptops.

Is there anyway I can force it to sync?  Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Ian
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If none of your files are syncing regardless of restarts etc, then it sounds like you've encountered a sync bug. There are a number of manual steps you can do which are semi-dangerous, so I'd probably start with submitting a bug, and going from there.

If you do submit a bug, please post the id back here for tracking!

Oren
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hey Not2Late,

You have to save and close the Word or Excel document before Mesh can sync it.  Before that Office has the file still locked in use and Mesh will wait until it's done.

-ken
    • Proposed as answer by nachmore Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Not2Late Monday, February 23, 2009 2:57 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

If none of your files are syncing regardless of restarts etc, then it sounds like you've encountered a sync bug. There are a number of manual steps you can do which are semi-dangerous, so I'd probably start with submitting a bug, and going from there.

If you do submit a bug, please post the id back here for tracking!

Oren
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:40 PM
  • Ken - I thought this was the problem but it is more fundamental than this.

Oren - I will post a bug and see what happens.

Thanks to you both for your help.

Ian
    • Marked as answer by Not2Late Monday, February 23, 2009 6:33 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Not2Late Monday, February 23, 2009 6:33 PM
    Monday, February 23, 2009 2:36 PM
  • Bug ID = 1094574011

Thanks again
    ian
    • Marked as answer by Not2Late Monday, February 23, 2009 6:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Not2Late Monday, February 23, 2009 6:32 PM
    Monday, February 23, 2009 2:58 PM
  • Cool - keep us posted on any updates!

Oren
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:07 PM
  • Not2Late said:

Bug ID = 1094574011

Thanks again
    ian

I jumped the gun there... I can't seem to access that ID and it's extremely long compared to other ones that I can see. Can you verify that that is the correct ID?

Cheers,

Oren
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:09 PM
  • Oren - I got a message to say that I could not raise a bug report but eventually found a link for Live Mesh email support, resulting them giving me that number.  If you don't have access to that I will post updates as and when they come through.

Thanks gain,
    Ian
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:30 PM
  • yeah, that's probably the internal tracking number. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Oren
    Monday, February 23, 2009 3:34 PM
  • Not2Late said:

Oren - I got a message to say that I could not raise a bug report but eventually found a link for Live Mesh email support, resulting them giving me that number.  If you don't have access to that I will post updates as and when they come through.

Thanks gain,
    Ian

Any updates, Ian?

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, March 13, 2009 1:43 PM