Novell Client Logon issue cannot find tree when OneCare firewall is on RRS feed

• Question

• If I turn off the OneCare firewall, I have no problems logging into Novell 6.5 Server.  When I turn off the OneCare firewall and turn on Window's firewall, here too I have no problems logging on.  Only when I leave OneCare's firewall, (mainly with MS Vista - sometime XP) I get an error cannot find the tree. Unfortunately OneCare does not offer an option to turn off the firewall without showing a FLAG and RED warning.  (Novell uses Tree, Context, and server address).  I have talked with OneCare support in the Philipians for more than 2 1/2 hours with no success...Anyone out there know why and what to do about it.
    Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:22 PM

Answers

• The last time this came up in the forum was about a year ago.
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecarefirewall/thread/232fe69b-acf9-49f9-a1c8-1ea2fc5036b9/

Support was unable to resolve it and the person who posted decided to remove OneCare so the problem was never resolved.
    I suspect that the problem is due to a port or protocol that would need to be added to the firewall exception list. I suggest, since OneCare support is unable to resolve this, that you contact Novell support for this. Or, unfortunately, remove OneCare and select another security product.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:46 PM