Leaving OneCare RRS feed

• General discussion

• I do like Live OneCare very much, but I have seen many problems by others with it. My subscription is expiring very soon, so I have decided to go with another virus protection. The one I have chosen has been around for many years and One Care has not. Even though I like the ease and features of One Care, I don't think I want to have to keep changing every few years.

I have had good success with One Care, but all in all, I am going back to a more major brand that has been around much longer. I just can't keep changing things when something is just recommended. I chose One Care because it was with Windows and Microsoft, but I'm sad to say that I am leaving One Care.

I have used this new virus and anit-spyware before and I think, for me, it will be better. I do not like leaving something that has worked for me, but I know major changes are coming and I don't wish to have to deal with new programs again. I believe everyone has the choice to decide what is best for them.                          

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 12:51 PM

All replies

• Everyone has to make their own choices about what is best for them. Note that any subscription expiring now or in the near future is being given the opportunity to renew for 6 months for free in advance of the availability of the replacement antimalware product, code named Morro. When that is available, you may be happier with it as it will not monitor Automatic Udpates, nor will it run Tune-up, Backup, etc. It provides protection against viruses, trojans, and spyware with definitions and the engine being similar to what OneCare has today.
    If you wish to delay your decision to switch, go to https://billing.microsoft.com and click renew to get the free 6 month renewal offer.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:09 PM