Merge Letter more than 5000 record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!,

the first Sorry for my english, I have a problem in my company have to send a letter to our clients (contacts, 10000 records more or less), i try to do a letter merge directly from the active contacts view (click merge, select all records), the problem is that only load 5000 records, i look and find a solution (it says than the problem is the maximum by default for a fetch) but i was for CRM 3.0 (modify the registry), but this property is no more in CRM 4.0, so how i can do a merge for more than 5000 records?

thanks for your time. 

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:08 PM

Answers

• I don't know if it will help you but try this approach .

Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:14 PM
  • I just tested it.  You can do this. 

Select your contacts into a marketing list
    Create a quick campaign on the marketing list.
    Do a letter via mail merge
    set up your template and merge it. 
    When prompted, don't create follow up activities. 

That way you create one 10,000 page document in word that can be printed whenever. 
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:54 PM

All replies

• I don't know if it will help you but try this approach .

Truth is opened the prepared mind My blog - http://a33ik.blogspot.com
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:14 PM
  • No, the problem is in the merge, if try the export to excel everythings fine (8932 rows) but in merge (from a view o advanced find) limited for 5000 in the datasource of merge (in word)
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 2:44 PM
  • Have you tried doing a 'Marketing Campaign' or 'Quick Campaign' and choosing the letter option?  I think you're limited in the advanced find views.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:10 PM
  • im pretty sure u can chance that on sql base level.. find the table and chance it to bigger.
    Hasret Smajlovic
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:10 AM
  • the problem is than they want to print directly a merge for the clients (they don't need create activities and print all)

Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:01 AM
  • i search some fields like max o something else, but i didn't find anything, i keep looking
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 9:02 AM
  • I just tested it.  You can do this. 

Select your contacts into a marketing list
    Create a quick campaign on the marketing list.
    Do a letter via mail merge
    set up your template and merge it. 
    When prompted, don't create follow up activities. 

That way you create one 10,000 page document in word that can be printed whenever. 
    Friday, September 25, 2009 6:54 PM
  • Sorry but it didn't work, i create a marketing list and create a quick campaign but in the datasource of the word only have 5000 records, ¿do you have any configuration like modify the registry or something?

thanks!
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:15 AM