Ahould be setting so that phone is silent exceot for alarm! RRS feed

• Question

•  

I would like to be able to silence all notifications except for the alarm clock.  Maybe have it customizeable so that you could choose to have calls silenced, sms silenced, etc???
    Wednesday, October 1, 2008 10:01 PM

All replies

• Steigrod,

Strange Request, but since you did not provide any information on the device or OS that you are using, can I assume that you are using a Windows Mobile PPC using WM6.1...

Go to Settings > Sounds & Notifications >
    At the Sounds tab, enable sounds for Programs/Notifications (alarms, reminders)..
    Go to Notifications tab, For Phone: Incoming Call - select "None" for Ring Type.
                                      Then scroll through the other items, and uncheck "Play Sound", and you can check "Display message on screen option" so that at least you would get some sort of notification that certain events that may be rather important to you, have occurred...

However, I have not really tried such settings, because I prefer to "hear" my calls, sms coming in...

Regards...

Friday, October 3, 2008 11:54 AM
  • Not exactly wht I mean...I know I can fiddle with all the settings and get it so the phone does exactly what I described.  However, I just want a quick switch from the TODAY screen or something that puts the phone into "alarm only" mode.  This would be used when I jsut want to go to sleep or soemthing so that I don't get woken up by phone calls, emails, texts, etc.  I can't change all those settings every time I want to engage this mode.  I'veseen it on other cell phones.  Mine is an ATT Tilt 8925 HTC.

Friday, October 3, 2008 12:57 PM
  • You can manage all your notifications by installing a third party application, like PhoneAlarm, to your device.  I tried out several different applications and settled on PhoneAlarm because it was the most flexible of them all.  What you do is set up several different profiles to manage the different alarm and notification configurations you wish to use and then you can set up a very detailed schedule to activate the profiles on specific days and times.  I've set up Home, Work, Car, Night profiles on my pocket pc and I've set up a schedule that handles when these profiles are turned on....for instance, at midnight every day, the Night profile is activated, which means the GSM radio is turned off, the volume is turned down, other notififications are turned off.  The CAR profile turns on bluetooth, turns up the volume, opens my GPS software.  You can get pretty fancy with your profiles, but you can also select them on the Start page is you use the Today screen plug in.

You might find this article an interesting read:

Phone Alarm: A must have application for every Pocket PC/phone combo 
    Friday, October 3, 2008 3:08 PM
  • Could be exactly what I'm looking for.  Thanks.

Friday, October 3, 2008 3:11 PM
  • Don't you think that should be included in OS? All mobile phones that I know, have such function, that when you switch it to silent mode (by holding * or #, hey also good function for future mobile OS)))) it allows alarm to work.

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:06 PM