The Dynamics CRM 2011 Rollup Release Fiasco - Call for Change RRS feed

• General discussion

• (Disclaimer: These are my opinions and not those of my Employer)

Hi fellow CRM fans,

I think it is time for all of us to bring to the attention of someone in Microsoft, how their Rollup Release fiasco is hurting their clients, partners and the whole ecosystem as well as their own reputation.

First a bit of background info for those new to this.

With Dynamics CRM 4.0, for 4 years, regular Rollups were released to the community every 2 months or so, until the last Rollup 21 that came out on February 2012. No glitches. Everything was smooth.

You could rely on Microsoft (read CRM Team) to solve any issues found very quickly. And the number fixes and enhancements in those Rollups were huge. And very few new bugs were introduced by the Rollups.

Here you can find all the details: click

Up to around the same time, CRM 2011 Rollups were also being released regularly as well.

But then something broke. The deliverables and schedules became iffy (and iffier). Here are some of the facts:

• Rollup 6 - Did not permit uninstall and introduced new bugs that were addressed in the following Rollups (even in Rollup 12, there are some fixes for Rollup 6)
    • Rollup 7 - The shortest lived Rollup - just 40 days as it was rushed out, so Rollup 8 was released to fix it
    • Rollup 8 - I noticed this as the most stable Rollup, but after this, things went totally crazy!
    • Rollup 9 - The Super-Rollup! It promised to bring lots of needed enhancements and we all started to plan around its release schedule of Q2 2012. It never arrived and worst, the communication from MS was pretty awful. Delayed to Q4 2012 they finally said.
    • Rollup 10 - Released in August and Re-Released in October. What the hell!!!? What is a Re-Release? Why did they not release Rollup 11 in October. Also, new bugs introduced.
    • Rollup 11 - Released Oct-11-2012 and only 4 days later: BAMMM! Re-Release, but with a twist: This time some components had a higher build#. Also new bugs were introduced.
    • In between, MS announces that On-Premise Rollups will not be in the same schedule as Online Rollups (Service Updates) anymore. Fantastic! One Code-Base we were told. Move any time from Online to OnPremise we were told. So much for that.
    • Rollup 12 - This was the delayed Rollup 9, now for Q4 2012 that was released in 2013! Yesterday to be precise, and lasted the least. In the morning it was there, and in the afternoon most pieces disappeared. Should not surprise me. The pattern of Re-Releasing could not be fulfilled otherwise!

Rollup Releases were once working and working well. So what changed?

My guess is the person responsible for the Rollups or QA or similar, got replaced by someone who, politely put, is not up to the mark. Or is this all on purpose? May be they are just testing how far we can bend backwards or something.

Our clients are totally afraid to apply a Rollup since last year even when there are fixes in the Rollups that they need.

We need MS to do things the way they should be. They know how as they already did it for more than 4 years.

Please comment here, so that they see how many other people are also fed up with this cat and mouse game. We need consistency, transparency and quality.

Cheers

Massoud

Friday, January 11, 2013 5:24 PM

All replies

• I second your thoughts. We as admins or consultants need to be able to deliver functionality to our customers in a predictable manner.
    Friday, January 11, 2013 8:15 PM
  • I'm in total agreement! The fact Microsoft hasn't given any indication of what this issue is, or when we can gain access to the server files is infuriating. Communication goes along way in customer satisfaction....
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:47 AM
  • You forgot that Rollup 6 was first released as a buggy version, that also could not be uninstalled or installed over, so if you had been stung you had to uninstall a whole component and reinstall from scratch if you ever wanted to install a leter rollup ever again.

The issue of on-premise versus online rollup versions was eventually mentioned by MS, but only after the European online version was already several rollups behind what was available. New features and bug fixes are, to this date, still not applied to the online version for European customers (new deployments no different from existing ones either). (this may also be true in other territories, but I can't test).

The fiasco over UR9 being delayed, delayed, "oh wait, now it's cancelled, did we not mention?" was appalling. Not just for it being so highly promoted only to be dropped but the total lack of communication about it. I get that shipping a non-working product is a bad idea. I get that if your beta testing shows major flaws you need to rethink.Quality absolutely MUST come first as a priority over other things. If the choice is between shipping something with bugs (of known cause and which can be fixed) over shipping a week late, then late beats buggy every time but only if you tell people what is going on.

We will forgive if only you are honest, open and fair with your customers and give us up to date information which is as accurate as you can be at the time. A week after the release date with no release does not inspire confidence.

I agree, I have clients who ask "do we really need this update, even if it claims to fix [minor] problem X that we have?" "Do we dare? What other bugs might get introduced with this? Will they be worse than the bug we have, or will we be lucky and it will be an area which does not affect us?"

I think one advantage CRM 4 had was the underlying technology was in a fairly stable period - we had SQL 2005, Exchange 2007 and Office 2007 on a mix of Windows clients up to Vista. And it then had to be updated to ensure it could run on new platforms with the slow introduction of SQL 2008, Windows server 2008 and R2, Exchange and Office 2010, Windows 7, maybe an IE version (7? 8?) and not all of those at one time. I suspect the product team for CRM 2011 have been kept hugely busy in the last year by the introduction of new versions of Windows Server, SQL server, Windows 8, Office 2013, IE 9, 10 in a relatively short space of time - until recently the software platform for on-premise CRM 2011 was a pretty narrow set of versions you could work with compared to 4.0, but that is no longer the case.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:14 AM
  • To say that Microsoft has been rather ambitious in the CRM space is to put the situation lightly.  It is certainly easier to paint CRM 4 in a rosy light, given its relatively solid history.  I think we can all agree, however, that CRM 2011 is a vastly superior product.  However, we cannot simply compare Microsoft's apples to each other without considering the apples of other market players.  Salesforce has long been a dominant player in the sales/marketing automation and management space, and still sits as the prime contender that Microsoft must knock out to cement a place at the top.

Many of us believe that this could be achieved gradually, by virtue of the XRM platform and its extensibility.  Dynamics extensions simply "plug in" and offer vertical solutions that can be intermixed to dizzying degree.  However, this is not simply enough.  Microsoft, on nearly all fronts, is at risk of disappearing into the history of computing as both a resounding success and a bitter failure:  king of its domain until the domain simply shifted from underneath it.  We're all adults here, and we can all appreciate that the "cloud" is nothing new--it's simply more interactive than it used to be.  The concept of hosting content and services for a global audience is daunting and not quickly conquered.  Where others have excelled, Microsoft yet struggles, and it's all a matter of time.  Microsoft simply hasn't achieved the culture and business paradigm shift necessary to accommodate the business model--whereas nearly every other contender built their models around the shifted paradigm gradually, in a very organic sense.

It's obviously been a painful process, and I can tell you with certainty that those of us with voices that fall on the ears of the CRM product team are and have been communicating these concerns.  However, I do not envy the collision between accelerating the development cycles to release new features and improvements to rattle the competition, managing those developments between two deployment ecosystems, fixing existing issues, and trying to maintain quality control.  It's a shame that so much hardship is the result, and that the communication of these faults is strangled by layers upon layers of public relations.  These are the auspices of a lean era in Microsoft's history, and bittersweet lessons about the damage that simple, honest information can do.  The company hasn't yet shed enough of its layers to gain the agility it needs in this space, yet.

I know that I'm playing the role of the apologist, and I think that somebody should.  There is no malfeasance or malicious intent to these problems.  Few are more intimately aware of them all, than the product team themselves.  I believe that the infrastructure--both virtual and real, in people and product--necessary to build their vision for CRM far exceeds the resources generated by it.  Let's not forget where the whole of Microsoft is today, than what it has enjoyed in previous decades.  The direct result of which had left direction and vision in a "status quo" paradigm, with only fringe product groups, like Dynamics CRM, to reinvent the way we see and work with data.

This group must now struggle with a hastened awakening across the whole company, while delivering incalculably essential updates.  It is no longer sufficient, for example, that CRM operate solely within Internet Explorer.  Given the large code-base, and many IE dependencies that the product took, I think it's amazing they were able to move along HTML 4 to achieve better interoperability.  This is not the HTML 5 solution that some had hoped for (myself included), but given their resources and time-frame, I believe they certainly achieved the first step toward birthing Dynamics CRM upon this new world, and this growing ecosystem of interconnected devices and services.  Across the whole technology stack that Microsoft offers, we're witnessing an epic era of change, unlike any before it.

So, I suspect that things will be like this for a little while longer.  While we wish the product team could say more to us, we should be cognizant of their restrictions about being able to do so.  I can tell you this, they are all fantastic men and women, who are dedicated and passionate about their product and the experience it provides.  They will do whatever they can to limit the impact of accidents, and speak whenever they can (however it is allowed) to appeal to your forgiveness.  Let's not be surprised by these problems, given the circumstances that create them, but encourage the product's creators to improve, and elevate--from this community--ways to achieve it.  There are TAP programs and beta programs available, and the more participants there are, the better the quality they can assure.

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.

Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:18 PM
  • No matter what this is a very interesting discussion and a very relevant one.

I would love to see Microsofts thoughts on this and on what they are doing to regain the trust in their UR deployments.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

Sunday, January 13, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Something that will be having a major impact on the testing of rollups is the number of versions of OS, software and browser, that are now 'supported' now for CRM.  These options have grown significantly since CRM4 was released.

Customers are now running:

Operating Systems

* Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2008 Server, Windows 2012 server

new from UR12: plus Apple OSX 10.7 Lion, Apple OSX Mountain Lion 10.8

Office Versions

* Office 2000, Office 2010, Office 2013

Browsers

* Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10

new from UR12: Chrome, Firefox, Safari

Authentication Schemes

* Windows Authentication, Claims Authentication, Internet Facing Claims Authentication

To fit comprehensive development and testing into an 8 week cycle seems somewhat optimistic.  Perhaps the rollup cycle should be increased - e.g. every 3 months - and limited release interim hotfixes made available for some of the fixes we're desperate to get our hands on between rollups.

--

Regan

http://www.oasystems.co.nz | OA Systems Ltd | CRM Solution of the Year at the Microsoft NZ 2010 Partner Awards

Monday, January 14, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Hi fellow CRM fans,

No-one has more vested interest in seeing Dynamics CRM/xRM (and Microsoft as a whole) succeed than me. I can assure you.

If I didn't love this platform so much, I wouldn't get all heated up about it.

It is like when my daughter doesn't do well in her exams. I get upset, because I care. If it was the neighbor's daughter, it would not affect me. I care for Dynamics CRM and
    its future.

David, I agree with your comments and I understand that "Technology is Dynamic", and that the product has had to adapt to a changing playing field in a much more complex environment. But this is true for ALL products, not just for Dynamics CRM.

Regan, you mention the myriad of combinations of technologies that complicate testing, but that's just the start. This product is still far behind in the multi-device
    multi-browser support front (think iOS, Android, HTML5, Windows 8, WP8 etc.). So what can we expect in the future? 

I personally know many of the people in the CRM Team and respect and admire their vision and hard work and I know that they are doing their best to make all this work. So when I say "bring to the attention of someone in Microsoft" I mean someone higher up who may be unaware of the damage to the ecosystem caused by this lack of resourcing to the CRM Team (given Microsoft's $15B+ profit last year).

I am forgiving (the same way I forgive my daughter) and think a two-way transparent communication will go a long way to reinstate the relationship with the community. I think the XRM platform is the future (far more superior than Force.com) and I want to be part of this promising future.

Let's hope we can make it better.

Regards

Massoud

Monday, January 14, 2013 2:29 PM
  • I agree with every thoughts.

We work with CRM and i think that we need with the Rollups Updates, a more predictible and better organized process.

This will give us tools to answer to customers requirements and requests.

Demian Adolfo Raschkovan Blog: http://crmtoall.blogspot.com If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Please see Bob Stutz response to this matter:  https://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmnontechnical/b/crmconnection/archive/2013/01/15/update-on-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-update-rollup-12-release.aspx

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com Please follow the forum guidelines when inquiring of the dedicated CRM community for assistance.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:21 PM
  • It's easy to paint a rosy picture of CRM 4 updates, but you forget that some of them also got pulled, and ur 7 for CRM 4 caused more issues than any CRM 2011 update has caused. Another factor was CRM 4 updates added 0 new functionality. CRM 2011 is practically a different version now than it was at RTM. The long stable life of CRM 4 and slow pace of innovation during that time is partially why we are not further ahead now on areas like mobile.

One cannot underscore the monumental importance of UR 12. Most of the guts of CRM have had to be totally rewritten. Has there been pain? Yes. But having used the UR 9 beta, I can tell you I'm glad it wasn't released. It was not ready, and part as of the application still required IE. UR 12 delivers 100% cross browser support. Even form customization works well.

So there will be some bumps in the road. Put yourself in the product team's shoes. At best after UR 12 your CRM will work just like it did before. This is an "eat your vegetables" period.

But the reward will be huge. This removes legacy code that was holding us back and positions us well to grow to where we all want to be.

And don't overlook the good things that have happened lately. The platform added support for SQL 2012 and outlook 2013 very smoothly and with minimal issues. A first for new versions of SQL or office.

Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:28 AM
  • This post hits the nail on the head, I was going to post something similar, less detail yesterday.  I can't take a roll up serious anymore, everytime Microsoft releases a roll up my technician says we wait 2 weeks before doing research about the roll up and see what others say. Microsoft needs to have a no excuse attitude about this and just nod their head and fix this problem.

Do you understand how hard it is to build trust among your base and easy it is to lose it.  This needs to change, I hope Microsoft can go 10 roll ups without any issues as I am started to lose faith in their ability to release upgrades and roll ups. 

Patrick Kitchell MS Business Professional CRM Manager

• Edited by den_mark_98 Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:48 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 7:48 PM
  • I agree with your post and am becoming very concerned. I believe there was a new head of engineering that took over the CRM team in roughly June of last year. I have to say this person is on pretty much on their 3rd strike. I hear from insiders he was the one that pulled the trigger on UR9 and the switch in direction on mobile. We have now had delays on UR12 since Dec, and the delays we are seeing this week (push/pull). I have not been able to provision a new Office365/CRM site at all this week. The Office 365 part works but the CRM part fails. And that's just the online related stuff.

I am all for quality releases, however, the big CRM guerilla called sfdc has been able to figure out repeatable, consistent and quality releases like clockwork. When will we see the same from the MS CRM team?

Mike

Friday, January 18, 2013 1:58 AM
  • The most important thing that Microsoft can do for the Partners and the User Community is to communicate!  When something goes wrong,  transparency needs to take a front seat and Microsoft should be more vigilant in getting this kind of information out to the Partner Community so that we can proactively help our customers. I could not find one thing about this latest issue on Partner Source!

One response to Bob Stutz post was a question as to if this latest UR12 problem affects CRM Online customers. That was two days ago and still no answer!  I have not been able to find the answer to this anywhere.  This information should be provided to Partners without us even having to ask or having to go read every entry of a blog.

We have quite a few CRM Online customers who were scheduled to get UR12 this week. We have received no indication from Microsoft that this has been placed on hold or rescheduled.  Yet, there are reports from the Community that at least some online organizations have been upgraded and are experiencing quite a few issues.  Maybe these issues are not related to the same problem that was referred to by Bob Stutz, but how are we suppose to know that if you don't tell us? What are we suppose to tell our clients?

Please communicate better!

Jane Davis

Friday, January 18, 2013 10:33 PM
  • I'm in total agreement with all concerns.

Just an observation: we installed UR12 and our CRM production system broke. Server's backups need to be restored.

Virtual Group - Soluções Inteligentes www.virtualgroup.com.br

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:31 PM
  • today I received via Win-updates the client RU12-v2 for Outlook?!  The downloadable client RU12 has the build.3218, the RU12-v2 that I had received build .3233.

I can´t understand why they doing this, and no customer understand it, they telling us like but I received it via win updates, and we must tell them yes, but the server bits are missing and they saying: but this is Microsoft.. they don´t believe us since Microsoft announced in 2012 the cross browser support, why Microsoft not just shut up and won´t tell bullshit that they are not able to hold... this is rediculous

gruss Daniel Ovadia MBSS - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MCNPS

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:53 PM
  • today I received via Win-updates the client RU12-v2 for Outlook?!  The downloadable client RU12 has the build.3218, the RU12-v2 that I had received build .3233.

I can´t understand why they doing this, and no customer understand it, they telling us like but I received it via win updates, and we must tell them yes, but the server bits are missing and they saying: but this is Microsoft.. they don´t believe us since Microsoft announced in 2012 the cross browser support, why Microsoft not just shut up and won´t tell bullshit that they are not able to hold... this is rediculous

also the sql and email-router bits are coming trough auto-updates on servers.. funny...

Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:32 AM
  • As an ISV who has built their business on Dynamics CRM I must say this has been really disheartening. One of the reasons we selected Microsoft was because of their stability and quality. I started griping last fall that the quality had degraded and something has obviously changed internally. We haven't been able to import managed solutions consistently in about a year and we have major customers running this software.

Microsoft you have to do a better job communicating! Seriously, take a look at the teams under Scott Guthrie and start doing what they do. They are totally open and transparent and the community knows exactly what's going on and we can TRUST them. I don't know why this division is still building software like the Microsoft of 1990! We all know the front-end basically had to be rewritten to support multi-browser so why don't you tell us about the experience, how you are building it, releasing it, etc.. Maybe even release some of the code and get feedback from the dev community. The partners on this side of the fence are trying to work with you. It would be nice if you would open up a little bit and reciprocate.

Saturday, January 26, 2013 12:49 AM

Absolutely agree, this is totally ridiculous.

Check out this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crminthefield/archive/2012/08/15/microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0-and-2011-update-rollup-release-dates-build-numbers-and-collateral.aspx

"Mismatched Update Rollup versions within a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 deployment:
    The general rule of thumb is to try to keep the versions in sync as much as possible. However, it is permissible (though not recommended as a long-term solution) to run mismatched Update Rollup versions on Outlook client and server, as Microsoft does do some testing of such combinations."

RU12 for Outlook is now being distributed through Microsoft Update and WSUS, but it is completely broken, causing Outlook to hang when running against an older server RU (since RU12 for the server is NOT released yet). Our users had to uninstall it to be able to use Outlook.

"However, regarding the other Update Rollups (for example Rollups for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Email Router or Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions), it is not supported nor recommended to run mismatched versions. A best practice is to update these components at the same time you update your CRM Server. Do the best you can to keep these Update Rollup versions in sync."

So, against their own recommendations Microsoft has now released the RU12 for E-mail Router and Reporting Extensions while NOT releasing RU12 for the Server at the same time, creating "not supported" configurations.

Incredible that they didn't prevent this from happening.

Gerard

Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:14 PM
  • RU12 for Outlook is now being distributed through Microsoft Update and WSUS, but it is completely broken, causing Outlook to hang when running against an older server RU (since RU12 for the server is NOT released yet). Our users had to uninstall it to be able to use Outlook.

The server update is now available. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem with Outlook hanging. It appear this is caused by a customization (Extension) we made ourselves.. Our developers have to look in to this.

Gerard

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Totally agree with this, glad I found this, CRM 4 was so so much better with the rollups.

I remember rolling up crm 4 without any issues, something has changed and not for the good that is for sure.

Going to post somewhere also but was wondering if others are having the same result we are on rollup 12 crm 2011 and use it on premise with IFD we also use outlook client.  Since the install of rollup 12 outlook can take up to 2-3 mins to open, I know it is the CRM client because you remove the configuration of the CRM client, outlook opens immediately.  Just another bug to the latest rollup!  So frustrating!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:50 AM
  • Fully agree with everyone.

Microsoft - wake up and listen to your user community, please invest further in the development of this product, it has such amazing potential. I also think you are going to have to start making things simpler for yourselves in order to protect the quality of your products and for the financial future of your customers and partners. With each new OS version, app version, updates etc comes more and more issues.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:04 PM
  • I'm afraid i'm in agreement with pretty much everyone here, we as a company are relatively new to Dynamics, having migrated from Goldmine. UR-11 to me, seemed somewhat buggy (I still have absolutely no idea how the outlook plug-in arbitrarily decides to track some e-mails and not others...and can't seem to locate certain people in the database despite having all the corrrect e-mail address information)

I was excited when I saw the future of Dynamics with UR-12, the videos promised so much...so I stupidly forgot I was dealing with Microsoft and pushed the update button, the minute that it appeared in my admin CP in our online instance of Dynamics. Oh God, what had i done...it looked good, but what we are running is effectively a vanilla version of Dynamics, there is literally NOTHING other than fields, and forms that have been customised. No installed solutions, no custom Javascript...nothing...and then the script errors started....on random contacts, with no rhyme or reason. You couldn't look at the activity stream without annoying errors popping up all over the place. But it only ever occured on 'specific contacts'...it was just sods law that they happened to be some of our most important clients.

I had to put in some custom JS just to STOP the system from loading up Polaris in contact records. It's taken Microsoft (sorry Biswas Pro, India) 5 weeks to resolve the situation. No one had a clue how to sort it, and the fix is so stupid it's crazy.... Reset Internet Explorer, clear out all your data in IE, delete the contents of the temp folder and add a handful of domains to 'trusted sites'

Other frustrations just come from a general lack of support, notification and communication..both internal and external at Microsoft. I mean it's laughable, despite the fact that MS are pushing O365 and Dynamics together...no one on the O365 helpdesk has the foggiest clue about potential dynamics issues and vice versa.

For instance it recently came to my attention that i'm not receiving certain e-mails into my inbox when i get CC'd in internally...but they were appearing in unread mail in outlook. The support guy is adamant that it's Dynamics that is screwing it up...and refuses to acknowledge the point that it can't be dynamics...some of these e-mails were sent when my computer was definitely off, and they never came through to my iPhone, or OWA....When the worlds largest tech company can't even deliver e-mail...it causes a serious loss of faith.

I'm prone to bitching about MS being somewhat of a Mac Fanboy since 1995, but this has really been a cluster**** of epic proportions IMO. Especially when MS pushed out UR-12 to us online customers...while the on premise updates had been pulled, because they were aware of major issues with the rollup.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:20 PM
  • I agree with this statement as well.   I have noticed a big change in CRM Rollups since Rollup 8.   Rollup 12 and 13 have only introduced more issues then they fixed for our systems.   Our users are not happy with our changes.   I hope this is addressed soon because I am loosing confidence in the Rollups.   Now that I am on Rollup 12 trying to Test 13 I feel I am now at Microsoft Mercy.  This is really the first time I have experienced this with a Microsoft Product.  Mostly I work with SharePoint and have only seen minor issues with CU's but nothing like the Rollup issue in CRM.  

Please address this Microsoft.   We love the product. 

Thanks, Paul Nath

Friday, May 3, 2013 7:08 PM
  • I agree with you 100%. I was very proud of Microsoft CRM until this Rollup fiasco.

I cannot believe what Microsoft has done to us on this Rollup Fiasco starting with 12 and forcing them through windows update. What were they thinking ?  Are they desperate for more revenue or did somebody take this division over?  What on earth is going on.  I went from a rock solid platform to spending every day fixing somebody's laptop or computer because of rollup 13. 

On top of this, they just made the outlook client install rollup 13. It never ends. 

If I could only charge for all this lost productivity and downtime. 

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:19 PM
  • @Michael_pulse:  WSUS Integration.  Lots of large houses automate their IT/IS, and this allows them to keep CRM up-to-date.  That said, it does seem risky, but as functional additions drop off after the next major release, this will be ideal for security and breaking bugs--which they actually do a pretty good with, once they stop adding new stuff.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 10:55 PM