backup cleanup time setting RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a away to alternate the time setting of the cleanup-backup. Its standaard set on Sunday starting at 08.00 hour. I would prefer it to set it to Sunday 01.00 hour. Is also logical becouse the server normaly not used in the night.

Marc Dieben
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Marc,
    as far as I know the only way to accomplish this would be to change the backup window to start at 01:00 AM.
    I could imagine, that a Scheduled task, which swaps the value WindowBeginTime in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\Backup on the server maybe each Saturday evening (and back on Sunday evening) and restarts either the server or the services could make this automated. (Reopening the console after changing the key manually shows the correct time without any service restarts, but I'm not sure, when the service, which is covering the backup cleanup, gets the information and if this is refreshed on manual changes in the registry, so a restart would be logical.)
    (I also should mention, that such changes are unsupported and may have unexpected side effects or not longer work after an update for Windows Home Server.)
    Merry Christmas
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 11:50 AM