DotNet Vs J2EE ?? RRS feed

• Question

• Which is the leading in todays World????
    Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Friend ,
       I think Both of them rocks today .. In Future i think the J2EE will shine because the World is switching to Linux .. so we need the platform independent tech , that can be provided by J2EE obviously...

Thanks

Have a Nice daySmile

Regards,
    MoHaN

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Friend ,
       I think Both of them rocks today .. In Future i think the J2EE will shine because the World is switching to Linux .. so we need the platform independent tech , that can be provided by J2EE obviously...

Thanks

Have a Nice daySmile

Regards,
    MoHaN

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:59 AM
  • J2EE rocks..
    Monday, May 28, 2007 2:28 AM
  • .NET and J2EE are software platforms. .NET is a platform developed and supported by Microsoft, while J2EE is a platform developed by Sun Microsystems together with such industry partners as IBM. Worth noting, though, is that J2EE is a specification, whereas .NET is a product.

As a product, .NET has a defined set of capabilities and a Microsoft development and support infrastructure wrapped around it. As a specification, Sun and its industry partners define J2EE, and the adopters of the J2EE specification implement the development and support infrastructures independently. J2EE and .NET do compete for market and mind share, but most organizations use a blend of both. Neither of these platforms are standards in the true sense of the word.

Monday, May 28, 2007 5:10 AM
  • Check these 2 links:

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/11/26/javavsdotnet.html

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/12/10/javavsdotnet.html

They Speak about the comparisons of Java and .Net from the security perspective.
    Monday, May 28, 2007 8:27 AM
  • Java is a shining technology more over it is platform independent and  much more enhanced in comparison to C Sharp

It is basically the platform independence that  gives Java an edge over  DotNet .

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:35 PM
  • J2EE will be leading due to platform independencies.....but .net can also run using sme third party softwares such as chiili asp for asp.net on linux....
    Wednesday, June 6, 2007 4:57 PM