Pleas Help RRS feed

• Question

• I purchase a laptop from Bestbuy and teh product key wasn"t inside the box with the laptop just the anti-virus cd and a 50 free itunes. Help I need the product key asap and don' t have the money to purchase a new one.
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:07 PM

Answers

• Hello CrystalW,

If your Laptop came with some version of Windows, then the Product Key for that version of Windows will be located on the COA Sticker found on the side or bottom of the computer.  If the computer does not have a COA Sticker, return it because it is required that any computer that comes with Vista must include a COA (Certificate of Authenticity).

However, I suspect that you may be looking for the Product Key for Microsoft Office, because the Trial version of Office, that was included in your computer, has reached the end of it's Trial Period and is now requiring a Product Key to continue working.  If my suspition is correct, then please know that Computer Manufacturers often install a trial version of Microsoft Office in the computers they make.  If you are getting a prompt to type in a Product Key, when opening a Microsoft Office program, it is likely the trial period is over and you'll need to purchase Microsoft Office to continue to use it. 

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Friday, August 7, 2009 6:22 PM