GDPR Audit Logs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Has Microsoft considered the Dynamics CRM auditing logs in relation to GDPR? As in, if the contact record is audited, and that person requests that their record is deleted, the only way of clearing that contacts data in its entirety is to purge the audit logs for the whole date range that the contact record resides. Even if you anonymize/pseudonymize the contact record, you could go back to the audit logs to find the original information related to that record. As such, I don't believe a contact can be fully forgotten in a Dynamics CRM system if the system auditing is enabled. Is this a breach of GDPR? Has Microsoft considered this and have any stock answers on this particular area?

Thanks

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

The Majority, if not all, dynamics CRM projects will most probably fall under GDPR rules. There is an VIDEO outline the Microsoft commitment with GDPR and this LINK can definitely help you with more detailed information and approach's to handle that into CRM

Regards,

Henrique
    If my post answered you question, please mark it as answer. Thank you

If I answered your question please mark it as answer Cheers, Henrique Silvestre Souza

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:32 AM
  • Hi Henrique,

Thanks for this; I have found those blog posts and articles, it is this specific scenario that I am having to get to the bottom of. I am probably being overkill with my concerns, but it is this specific question that I am asking about that I can't seem to get to the bottom of this specific requirement/situation. Its how the auditing data is handled, when there is no legitimate reason to hold onto it that I wonder is an issue from a CRM perspective.

Thanks,

James

Monday, July 10, 2017 12:00 PM