none
Unable to login at Silverlight.net RRS feed

• Question

• Using IE8: I'm unable to login to the Silverlight.net site (see my posting "What's with Silverlight.net site?") Is it possible for me to obtain some help here in the MSDN forums so that I might gain access to the Silverlight.net site? If so, I'll be glad to provide all the details. Obviously I can't obtain (or even ask) for help in the Silverlight.net site because I can't login - so I can't post a question ... :-(

If Silverlight.net help is NOT available here, could you please provide me with an email address of someone who might help?

Thanks
    Bill Cohagan
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:56 AM

Answers

•    Perhaps you didn't actually read my post. How shall I ask there if I cannot log in? Since the banner post on this forums appears to redirect all posts to Silverlight.net

Bill Cohagan

Sorry, my bad.  You are right, of course.  I can't sign in with my Live ID either.

Apparently you need a separate account on Silverlight.

What happens if you try to Join?

thanks for the followup. I was able finally to find help via the MSDN membership concierge service. I'm now able to login at the Silverlight.net site.
    Bill Cohagan
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Cohagan Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:50 AM
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:39 AM

All replies

• There is a Microsoft Silverlight forum.  You should probably ask there.
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 10:23 PM
  • There is a Microsoft Silverlight forum.  You should probably ask there.

bnborg
      Thanks for the helpful response. :-)

Perhaps you didn't actually read my post. How shall I ask there if I cannot log in? Since the banner post on this forums appears to redirect all posts to Silverlight.net I assumed that was an MS form as well. Is it not?

Regards,
     Bill
    Bill Cohagan
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:29 AM
  • Bill,

Purpose Of This Forum - Please Read Before Posting
    Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003. ~~~ My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:47 AM
  • Bill,

Purpose Of This Forum - Please Read Before Posting
    Vincenzo Di Russo - Microsoft MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows Desktop Experience & Security - Since 2003. ~~~ My MVP Profile: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Vincenzo

Well, OK, I've read the purpose of this forum. I assumed that since the Silverlight forums "here" are "retired" and traffic is redirected to Silverlight.net then the "new" Silverlight.net forums were also Microsoft forums; thus my plea for help would be consistent with the purpose of this forum (perhaps with a bit of a stretch.)

My hope was that someone might provide me with an email address to which I could go for help. I hope you understand the frustration of encountering a login page that takes me in circles with the result that I can't log in to the place that is the appropriate place to ask for help. So at this point I am somewhat desperate. I apologize for cluttering this forum with apparently inappropriate pleas for help, but at the same time and disappointed not to have received any.

In any case, point taken and I'll hush.
    Bill Cohagan
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 5:05 AM
  • It looks like they provide a page for general questions and feedback here: http://silverlight.net/blogs/silverlight/contact.aspx  The path has "blogs" in it but I got to it from their forums footer link. Hope this helps.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 14, 2009 5:37 AM
    Answerer
  • I know this is outside the context of these Forums but try this out anyway.

1) Delete cookies that are either has MS or Microsoft
    2) Set your browser to Compatability Mode
    3) Try creating a dummy live account and see if you can log-in
    4) If you have another workstation or machine, try logging there and see if it's account or machine specific
    5) Delete your IE Temp Files.

Hopefully, this should help you isolate the problem, if not, navigate to the link that Brent has posted.

Thanks.
    STO Forums Test Lead
    Friday, August 14, 2009 1:55 PM
  •    Perhaps you didn't actually read my post. How shall I ask there if I cannot log in? Since the banner post on this forums appears to redirect all posts to Silverlight.net

Bill Cohagan

Sorry, my bad.  You are right, of course.  I can't sign in with my Live ID either.

Friday, August 14, 2009 10:16 PM

Bill Cohagan

thanks for the followup. I was able finally to find help via the MSDN membership concierge service. I'm now able to login at the Silverlight.net site.
    Bill Cohagan
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Borg Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:04 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill Cohagan Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:50 AM
    Saturday, August 15, 2009 12:39 AM