VB 6.0- How to set mysql (Oracle) or MS sql as Connect property of Data Control. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an old VB 6.0 project which uses Data control to connect to access database. But due to some reasons I've migrated the MS Access database to MySQL database successfully. The problem is, it is mentioned in this documentation that, "In addition, the data control allows you to access and manipulate remote Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) databases such as Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle." . However I cannot  select any ODBC database in the "Database Name" because the Connect property doesn't list MySQL or MS Sql or Oracle other than Access, Excel, dBASE, FoxPro etc. 

I have set RecordsetType to 0-Table, DefaultType to 1-UseODBC. Now when I click the dropdown arrow of RecordSource property, an error message is shown stating that, "You cannot enumerate Table names in ODBCDirect mode (DefaultType set to UseODBC)". How can I overcome these complications?

Please help me how can I connect to MySQL by using Data Control in Visual Basic 6.0.

• Moved by Youjun Tang Wednesday, June 24, 2015 6:18 AM VB6 not support
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:41 AM

Answers