Error Code 16977921--2147221164 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Microsoft Fix It Center on Windows 7 x64.  When I try to start it I get the following error:

Microsoft Fix It Center has encountered and unexpected error, please try again.  Error Code 16977921--2147221164

It then says:

Unable to download troubleshooters, please check your Internet connection.

Obviously my Internet connection is working fine as I am able to post this question.  Does anyone have any answer for this problem?

Monday, April 19, 2010 10:52 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for reporting issue.  Do you mind if I ask, if you have encountered or seen any error message during the installation of the application?

Do you mind, for troubleshooting purpose, if you uninstall and re-install the application again?  (You can use the "Control Panel" to uninstall applications.)

Another question is, whether your computer might be behind any company firewall and use proxy for internet access?

Many thanks.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:00 AM
  • I did not encounter any errors during installation.  I am unable to uninstall the application because it is looking for the file "fixitcenter_setup_x64.msi" which it cannot find.  My computer is not behind any company firewalls and does not use a proxy server.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 2:22 AM
  • Any further ideas on this?
    Wednesday, April 21, 2010 7:45 PM
  • jec013

could you run appwiz.cpl, and go to add/remove program and remove Microsoft Fix it Center,  the system already has local cached copy of MSI, so it should not complain fixitcenter_setup_x64.msi cannot find

thanks

xiaofeng

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 8:51 PM
  • Same results:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "fixitcenter_setup_x64.msi" in the box below.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 10:24 PM
  • Jec013

let me do some research, and get back to you

thanks

xiaofeng

Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:14 PM