can not get windows firewall to stay ON RRS feed

• Question

• The virus and spyware sections of windows one live care seem to be working as they are a status GREEN. I do have window security turned on which also has  firewall , virus and spyware protection. I read in one of the self help pages of windows live one care that I need to uninstall the windows vista security firewall, anti virus and spyware program before windows live onecare firewall will work.
    This is not the case with my desktop which runs windows xp and has both windows and live onecare security features running at the same time. I'm reluctent to disable/uninstal my windows security features as I'm afraid that I'll have no security protection then at all.
    Also, my windows fiewall protection turns itself off automatically each time I shutdown my dell notebook. At least I can turn the normal windows security firewall back on whereas I can't turn win dows one livecare firewall on at all.
    can someone help me. I'm using my paid windows live onecare subscription from my desk top to secure my notebook if that has any bearing on this problem.
    Thanks,
    Tom Matty
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:08 AM

Answers