PCI Simple Communications Controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone. I need some help and I have two questions. I don't know if this is the right place to ask it either. But here I go:

Here is some basic information:                                  
    • I have Windows Vista Home Basic.
    • I recently installed a "new" copy of it using my CD. ( Copied over the existing Vista OS ) 
    • Windows said they copied all the files from the old system and made them into a folder called " Windows.old"
    Anyway, whenever I move a window around using the mouse, while running music in the background ( from the internet ) , the sound degrades and gets muffled. - Why does this happen? [ First Question ]

Also, I ran the "Reliability and Performance Monitor" and here are the results:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warnings
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error

Symptom: Device drivers are not installed.
    Cause: A driver has not been installed for this device, preventing it from working properly.
    Details: The device driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.
    Warning

Symptom: The system is experiencing excessive paging
    Cause: Available memory on the system is low.
    Details: The total physical memory on the system is not capable of handling the load.

- So, what should I do? [ Second Question ]

HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME!

P.s. If I do not need the "windows.old" folder, should I delete it?
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 8:56 PM

All replies

• Please someone help me! 
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:13 PM
  • this is not the best place to ask as its a vista issue and i the top left hand corner of the screen says Windows home server forums but here goes

Whats you specification of your pc esp the amount of ram ?

sounds like you using the onboard sound of the motherboard

have you downloaded and updated the motherboards driver for lan sound etc etc ?

• Proposed as answer by Fran Kirby Sunday, May 30, 2010 1:37 PM
    Friday, April 18, 2008 6:59 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. But i know this is the wrong place. I have posted this on a new Windows forum i found at : http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/149476-help-me-vista-issue.html#post694626

Please visit that site. Thanks!

Saturday, April 26, 2008 4:35 PM