Two different macs are the same device ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have a macbook in my mesh, things were running perfectly, until i add a imac to the dsame mesh. The mesh is assuming that they are the same device. When i add a new device, i go trough all the procedures but in fact he adds the same one that already exists.
    The old one runs with Leopard and the new one runs with Snow Leopard.
    I migrate the system and files to the new one using the snow leopard migration assistant.
    I already did the whole thing a couple o times, always with the same result.
    I have different names for the 2 macs.
    What else can i say...

Thanks for the help
    Monday, November 23, 2009 9:56 AM

Answers

• I'm not familiar with the migration assistant, but if this moves program settings and data to a new PC, then it is likely that the same machine indentifier has been migrated to the 2nd PC. Any attempts to reinstall and add to Mesh will result in a clone of the 1st PC. I don't know the process for completely removing Live Mesh bits from a Mac, but assume that the data is stored in the keychain on the Mac.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:57 PM

All replies

• I'm not familiar with the migration assistant, but if this moves program settings and data to a new PC, then it is likely that the same machine indentifier has been migrated to the 2nd PC. Any attempts to reinstall and add to Mesh will result in a clone of the 1st PC. I don't know the process for completely removing Live Mesh bits from a Mac, but assume that the data is stored in the keychain on the Mac.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, November 23, 2009 3:57 PM
  • Thanks Stephen

I did that in the mac keychain and i erase the mesh data from library/preferences and library/application support, like one of the previous threads suggested for solving another issue. Now it's working perfectly.

Thanks again for the help
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:12 PM
  • Thanks Stephen

I did that in the mac keychain and i erase the mesh data from library/preferences and library/application support, like one of the previous threads suggested for solving another issue. Now it's working perfectly.

Thanks again for the help

Perfect! Thanks for following up and confirming.
    -steve
    Monday, November 23, 2009 8:19 PM