none
CRM 2011 - exporting default solution with all dependencies (plugins, web resources, custom reports) RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I want to export default solution which is at the client site that has plugins, workflows, custom reports. I do not have permission to copy the ms_crm database for that organization due to data privacy. Can i setup my development environment by exporting the default solution will this include all the plugins and custom reports as well.

Please advise

Thanks

zacos

Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:50 AM

All replies

• Given that this is the Training and (as in Microsoft) Certification forum, you should post your question in the MSDN forums.
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:49 PM
    Answerer
  • This is in completely the wrong forum, but luckily I'm an MCT for CRM, so I follow both!

The solution you export will have everything which is in the default solution of the source environment, but that means it will NOT include components which have been imported into that environment as managed solutions. You cannot export managed solutions or their components.

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    Blog: Getting IT Right

Friday, July 26, 2013 6:47 PM