PVConnect Media Server for Media Smart RRS feed

• Question

• In the process of discovering more about the WHS EX470. HP's servers finally sent an update that solved many issues (always on red icon), but sent addins of mcAfee anti-virus and PVConnect Media Server for Media Smart. Is it important to install addin PVConnect Media Server to play upload and play movies from my WHS. I've been looking at the addin "My Movies" and I have a copy of Slysoft Any DVD HD. Should I forgo PVConnect Media Server and install "My Movies" and AnyDVD? And if you do advise to latter, how is AnyDVD installed. Is it installed on the PC or the Server. If on the server, how is it installed? Through the software folder? Please advise. Thank you.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:24 AM

All replies

• Which Add-In you prefer for which purpose, is your decision. Especially, if your Mediasmart is equipped only with the basic 512 MB memory, each Add-In on top of the Windows Home Server config will slow it down.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Tuesday, November 3, 2009 8:25 PM
  • Thanks for responding Olaf. I now have the 512 MB memory, but am going to upgrade to 2 GB if needed. Because I'm notfamiliar with PVConnect Media Server, I guess what i'm asking is will the program PVconnect Media Server for Media Smart accomplish the same tasks as the program My Movies? If they are, which one would you recomend regardless of power requirements. Please advise. Thank you.

Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:36 AM
  • I don't know the program My Movies and what it does, so I cannot give you a recommendation here.
    Without memory upgrade I would not put any additional stuff on a MediaSmart ex47x.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:57 PM