Cant Activate my Office XP RRS feed

• Question

• I reformated my computer, windows Xp home edition and i installed the microsoft Office Xp professional. Upon reaching the activation wizard, i tried to activate through internet, but it says :

According to our records, this copy of Microsoft Office Xp Professional has already been activated on another computer.If you believe u have received this message in error, please contact a Customer Support Representative by clicking OK and following the instructions. i have installed this software on a laptop and a Hp branded computer, i thought it can be installed up to 3 computers or?

Monday, March 5, 2007 4:07 AM

Answers

• Click I want to activate the software by telephone when the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard starts, and then follow the instructions on the screen to activate your software by telephone.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Dialion,

You may only install Office on one computer unless you have purchased additional licensing agreements for multiple computers. In turn you will have to uninstall Office from all other machines except for the one you choose. Next you will have to telephone activate with MS Customer Service the machine which you would like to run your Office on. If you need more assistance please feel free to post again

Monday, March 5, 2007 6:33 PM
  • My office is Academic Edition, so does it means i can install more than 1 computers?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:17 AM
  • 1.   GRANT OF LICENSE.   This Section of the EULA describes Your general rights to install and use the Software Product The license rights described in this Section are subject to all other terms and conditions of this EULA.
    General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product.  You may install and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer, device, workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device ("Device"). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the primary user of the first copy of the Software Product.  A license for the Software Product may not be shared. 
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:19 PM
  • erm..i dun understand what it means...can anyone tell me what should i do?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 2:39 AM
  • Dialion,

Read your EULA for the specifics that apply to your situation.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 4:47 AM

All replies

• Click I want to activate the software by telephone when the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard starts, and then follow the instructions on the screen to activate your software by telephone.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Dialion,

You may only install Office on one computer unless you have purchased additional licensing agreements for multiple computers. In turn you will have to uninstall Office from all other machines except for the one you choose. Next you will have to telephone activate with MS Customer Service the machine which you would like to run your Office on. If you need more assistance please feel free to post again

Monday, March 5, 2007 6:33 PM
  • My office is Academic Edition, so does it means i can install more than 1 computers?
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:17 AM
  • 1.   GRANT OF LICENSE.   This Section of the EULA describes Your general rights to install and use the Software Product The license rights described in this Section are subject to all other terms and conditions of this EULA.
    General License Grant to Install and Use Software Product.  You may install and use one copy of the Software Product on a single computer, device, workstation, terminal, or other digital electronic or analog device ("Device"). You may make a second copy of the Software Product and install it on a portable Device for the exclusive use of the person who is the primary user of the first copy of the Software Product.  A license for the Software Product may not be shared. 
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:19 PM
  • erm..i dun understand what it means...can anyone tell me what should i do?
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 2:39 AM
  • Dialion,

Read your EULA for the specifics that apply to your situation.

Wednesday, March 7, 2007 4:47 AM